Tell Joke Introduction about yourself and Brand Labs and how it was started as a manufacturing company then moved into online marketing and design agency Q: Why are we here today Q:
SEEING HOW THIS IS SO NEW?
THINK ABOUT THE FUNCITONALITY ON HOW TO PURCHASE OR RFQ TO YOUR SITE ANALYTICS: THINK ABOUT HOW MANY PEOPLE ON A DAILY BASIS ARE COMING TO YOUR SITE THING ABOUT HOW LONG THEY ARE STAYING ON YOUR SITE THING ABOUT WHAT PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE THEY MOST INTERESTED IN? THINK ABOUT WHAT THAT DESIGN SAYS ABOUT YOU AND YOUR COMPANY
PEOPLE CAN MAKE A CASE ON WHY THIS ISNT SO BUT I CAN MAKE THE CASE THAT IT IS
1. Increase Your Credibility: A well designed, structured, and crafted website makes a powerful statement about your company. It informs your clients, competition, and potential customers that your business is up to speed technologically and you encourage visitors to come experience: Who you are, what you do, and most importantly why you’re a better alternative. 2. Always Open for Business: The door is always open to your website to allow your clients to research your company leisurely and in the comfort of their own computer. Whether they’re looking through your portfolio, or reading client testimonials your website offers a perfect opportunity to win over potential customers without any pressure to them. 3. Sales on Auto-Pilot: With your website always open you never know who might be dropping in for a peak. By having your website acting as a constant sales tool it can overwhelmingly increase the number of quality leads by answering all the right questions. You control the information and material faced in front of the customer and can provide a creative and informative presentation that can be accessed at anytime. 4. Boost your Brand Identity: Build a robust image for your business to create a visual essence that identifies with your marketing, advertising, and print material. It is the perfect opportunity to reveal the professionalism within the core elements of your business. 5. Traffic, Traffic, and more Traffic: Your product or service has the opportunity to sky rocket with the help of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Being at the first page of Google under your specified keywords can enormously boost your incoming traffic which will ultimately lead to more sales. Whether you are looking to dominate your local market or get aggressive globally, your business has no boundaries.
There is a trust factor that goes into being relevant on the searhc reuslts
THE SAME APPLIES TO ALL OF YOU OR YOU WOULDN’T BE HERE
SEM: SEO + PPC Graph
RFQ, SUBMISSION FORM,
WE WILL TALK ABOUT SEM FIRST THEN GO INTO SITE DESIGN AND FUNCTINOALITY IN A BIT
The PPC model is based on a bidding process where the advertising party bids on a keyword or string of unique keywords.
Immediacy If it's fast ROI you're looking for, then PPC is where it's at. PPC is particularly fantastic for seasonal and time sensitive promotions. Testing PPC allows you to track the effectiveness of your marketing message or test a new product; multivariate testing helps illuminate how well an ad is received by the market place. Regulate Traffic Volume - Sales pipeline empty? Use PPC to push traffic. - Overloaded? Pause campaigns or cut back on spending. - Have a limited sales season? Saturate the market while demand is high. Targeting Targeting is another great benefit of PPC. If you're involved in regional marketing, you can run tightly focused campaigns; the platform allows you to get in front of your target where and when you need to. PPC Targeting Advantages - Control over placement on the search engine results pages (SERPs) - Enhanced control over titles and descriptions - Control over landing page/message - Control marketing spend and reach
SEO IS MAKING YOU THE AUTHORITATIVE OPTION IN YOUR INDUSTRY
Q: SHOW OF HANDS-HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE SOME SORT OF ANALTICS INSTALLED THEIR BACK END OF THEIR CURRENT SITE? You know a lot of times when I speak to my clients they say I have it but I don’t look at it C: Other than the core set of keywords that you are optimizing, you will also be able to find out what other keywords your visitors type in to find your website. During the initial optimization campaign, the number of keywords may be little. But as time goes by, you will start getting more keywords being listed on organic listings, due to your overall optimization effort. C: Visitor segmentation. With this, you will be able to know how many new visitors that your search engine optimization campaign brings to you. You can segment your analytic result by new/returning visitors, geography and referral sources.
PARTIAL TO GOOGLE SEEING HOW WE ARE ONLY 1 OF 34 COMPANIES IN THE ENTIRE US THAT ARE GOOGLE ANALYTICS CERTIFIED CONSULTANTS
PUSH::Most traditional offline advertising efforts (magazine, billboard, newspaper, tv, classifieds, etc) as well as online banners ads and email broadcasts are considered push marketing. PULL: Prime examples of pull advertising are search engine optimization, cost per click search engines, directory listings, yellow page ads, and shopping portals such as mySimon and DealTime.
8% of fortune 500 companies were using social media in 07 and 45% in 09
Who better to tell you how to create or improve your products and services than your customers? Cool, huh?
WITH THE SPEED OF SEARCH AND HOW FAST THINGS ARE CHANGING ITS CRITICAL TO HAVE SOMEONE IN THE INDUSTRY BETTER ROI WITH AN AGENCY
1. What Does Your Current Website Say About You and Your Business? <ul><li>Jarrod Dambro </li></ul><ul><li>Brand Labs </li></ul><ul><li>January 14th 2010 </li></ul>
2. A Show Of Hands..... <ul><li>How many of you are currently generating opportunities online? </li></ul><ul><li>Think you could do a better job generating online opportunities? </li></ul><ul><li>Dont know where to start? </li></ul><ul><li>How many of you have felt inimidated by the search engine marketing industry? </li></ul>
3. What You Should Be Thinking About Today <ul><li>What particular online marketing channel makes sense for your business and your bottom line </li></ul><ul><li>How to increase returning visitors to your website </li></ul><ul><li>Deciding whether or not to offer your products online or RFQ </li></ul><ul><li>Analytics-how you can interpret your online traffic data to lower your advertising costs and steer your budget to the most cost efficient advertising channel </li></ul><ul><li>How a design can make or break your online reputation </li></ul><ul><li>How certain functionality of a website can deter buyers from coming back </li></ul>
4. Why Is Internet Marketing Challenging?? <ul><li>Hard to break old habits </li></ul><ul><li>You don’t do this everyday </li></ul><ul><li>The options seem endless </li></ul><ul><li>We are in a technology revolution </li></ul><ul><li>Buyer behavior and expectations have changed </li></ul><ul><li>Your website is your frontline spokesperson </li></ul>
5. THE IMPORTANCE OF A STRONG WEB PRESENCE <ul><li>Increase Your Creditability </li></ul><ul><li>Doors Are Always Open </li></ul><ul><li>Sales Are on Auto-Pilot </li></ul><ul><li>Boost Your Brand Identity </li></ul><ul><li>Traffic, Traffic, & More Traffic </li></ul>
6. Google’s Mission Statement <ul><li>“ To organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful." </li></ul>
7. How Does A Search Engine Really Work?
8. What Do Search Engines Search For? <ul><li>Readable Text </li></ul><ul><li>Fresh, unique content </li></ul><ul><li>Relevant Inbound Links </li></ul><ul><li>Good Site Structure </li></ul><ul><li>Unique Meta Info </li></ul>
9. The Google Results Page
10. The Yahoo! Results Page
11. Where is the first place people will go online to find out more about a product, service, or company?? Search Engine 63.9% Know Manufacturer of the product 18.9% Portal For The Industry 6.6% Independent Consumer Review Site 5.3% E-Commerce Site That Sells The Product 3.1% Other 2.2%
12. Buyer Behavior <ul><li>Over 88% of technical buyers surveyed would go online when involved in a purchase decision </li></ul><ul><li>Even in the negotiation phase, 70% of technical buyers consult various online influencers </li></ul>
13. So What Does That Mean To You? <ul><li>Prospects do not call as much </li></ul><ul><li>They are more informed when they do call </li></ul><ul><li>You must place your website or business in the path of these prospects </li></ul><ul><li>Your website must be your best salesperson and adequately portray the information they are looking for </li></ul>
14. What Is SEM (Search Engine Marketing) <ul><li>SEM is often used to describe acts associated with researching, submitting and positioning a Web site within search engines to achieve maximum exposure of your Web site. SEM includes things such as search engine optimization, paid listings and other search-engine related services and functions that will increase exposure and traffic to your Web site.The bottom-line ... increasing targeted Internet traffic to your web site will translate into more potential customers for your business </li></ul>
15. What Is SEM??
16. Why Do We Participate In SEM?? <ul><li>CONVERSIONS </li></ul>
17. Conversion Defined <ul><li>con·ver·sion </li></ul><ul><li>A conversion occurs when a user completes an action on your site that you consider to be valuable. This can be making a purchase, downloading a file or requesting additional information. </li></ul>
18. Site Design + Functionality + SEM <ul><li>= CONVERSIONS </li></ul>
19. Let’s Talk PPC
20. What Is PPC? <ul><li>Pay-Per-Click (often referred to in its abbreviated state as PPC) is an advertising method which makes use of search engines, websites and network traffic. A user clicks on an ad which directs them to a particular site or product page. In each instance the click is paid for by the advertiser. </li></ul>
21. Advantages Of A Targeted PPC Campaign <ul><li>Precision Targeting </li></ul><ul><li>Instant Traffic To Your Home Page Or Product Page </li></ul><ul><li>You Pay For What You Receive(traffic) </li></ul><ul><li>Flexibility In Campaigns </li></ul><ul><li>Testing Potential </li></ul><ul><li>Brand Awareness </li></ul>
22. Let’s Talk SEO
23. What Is SEO? <ul><li>Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results </li></ul>
24. Advantages Of SEO Campaign <ul><li>Search engine optimization is a long-lasting approach to marketing </li></ul><ul><li>It's also forward-thinking because it embraces an evolving medium (Internet) </li></ul><ul><li>It is typically more affordable than traditional advertising techniques </li></ul><ul><li>It seeks to connect with people who are already looking for what you offer </li></ul><ul><li>It allows you to "pull" qualified prospects toward your products / services. </li></ul>
25. Content Is King
26. Keep Your Site Fresh <ul><li>Press releases </li></ul><ul><li>Articles </li></ul><ul><li>Events </li></ul><ul><li>News updates </li></ul><ul><li>Photo galleries </li></ul><ul><li>Interviews </li></ul><ul><li>Blogs </li></ul>
27. Google Analytics <ul><li>Google Analytics is a FREE web analytics tool offering detailed visitor statistics. The tool can be used to track all the usual site activities: visits, page views, pages per visit, bounce rates and average time on site etc. </li></ul>
28. Advantages Of Having Google Analytics <ul><li>Ability to find out how visitors locate your site </li></ul><ul><li>Ability to determine which pages and links prove to be most effective </li></ul><ul><li>Visitor Segmentation </li></ul><ul><li>Tracking your online & offline advertising efforts </li></ul><ul><li>Ability to fine tune your website </li></ul><ul><li>It’s Free </li></ul>
29. Its All In The Numbers Analytics
30. Keyword & Campaign Comparison
31. Google Analytics
32. Bounce Rate <ul><li>Number of times a visitor arrives at a page, then immediate either hits the back button or leaves the site. </li></ul><ul><li>Bounce Rate = Total Number of Visits Viewing One Page / Total Number of Visits </li></ul>
33. Push vs Pull Advertising <ul><li>Push advertising refers to all efforts to get the word out to an entire group of potential customers in order to hit the few that many be currently interested in your product or service. </li></ul><ul><li>Pull advertising is geared to draw visitors to your website when they are actively seeking your product or service. </li></ul>
34. Social Media
35. Social Media <ul><li>Social media essentially is a category of online media where people are talking, participating, sharing, networking, and bookmarking online. Most social media services encourage discussion, feedback, voting, comments, and sharing of information from all interested parties. </li></ul><ul><li>It's more of a two-way conversation, rather than a one-way broadcast like traditional media. Another unique aspect of social media is the idea of staying connected or linked to other sites, resources, and people. </li></ul>
36. Social Media Did You Know?? <ul><li>Five of the top 10 fastest-growing Web brands are user-generated content sites? </li></ul><ul><li>Sixty-seven percent of businesses say that the best source for advice on products and services are their consumers? </li></ul><ul><li>Forty-five percent of adult Internet users have created content online? </li></ul><ul><li>There are about 1.2 million blog posts per day? </li></ul>
37. Kinds Of Social Media <ul><li>Social news: Sites like Digg, Sphinn, Newsvine, and BallHype let you read about news topics and then vote and/or comment on the articles. Articles with more votes get promoted to a more prominent position. </li></ul><ul><li>Social sharing: Sites like Flickr, Snapfish, YouTube, and Jumpcut let you create, upload, and share videos or photos with others. </li></ul><ul><li>Social networks: Sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, and Twitter allow you to find and link to other people. Once linked or connected, you can keep up to date with that person's contact info, interests, posts, etc. Many people are connecting to friends and business associates with whom they had fallen out of touch. It's bringing the world together like nothing else has. </li></ul><ul><li>Social bookmarking: Sites like Delicious, Faves, StumbleUpon, BlogMarks and Diigo allow you to find and bookmark sites and information of interest. You can save your bookmarks online and access them from anywhere or share them with others. </li></ul>
38. Social Media & My Business <ul><li>Helps manage your company's or brand's reputation </li></ul><ul><li>Builds brand awareness and helps improve how people view your brand </li></ul><ul><li>Gets you closer to your customers. Learn about their needs then respond. Discuss converse, debate </li></ul><ul><li>Features new and inexpensive ways to support your clients. </li></ul><ul><li>Is typically less expensive than traditional advertising </li></ul><ul><li>Offers various ways to measure and track performance </li></ul>
39. SEM: Outsource or In-House? <ul><li>The marketing strategist to understand the brand and Web site business objectives and requirements, and communicate these to the team. </li></ul><ul><li>The user experience specialist to make sure the Web site is optimized for conversions, there is clear path for visitors, and there are no roadblocks or abandonment points in the site. </li></ul><ul><li>The search engine optimization specialist to undertake on-page and off-page SEO, including keyword research, selection and integration, and link building. </li></ul><ul><li>The paid search specialist to develop, execute, and manage the paid search or PPC campaigns. </li></ul><ul><li>The copywriter to ensure the site copy is tailored to the organic and paid keywords, as well as presents a strong call to action. </li></ul><ul><li>The Web developer to implement changes recommend by the usability and SEO specialists. </li></ul><ul><li>The Web administrator to ensure the Web site is fully functional, so that search engines are able to consistently access and crawl the site. </li></ul><ul><li>The Web analytics manager to implement tracking on the search campaign and to report on key metrics. </li></ul>
40. In Conclusion <ul><li>Site design + functionality + SEM = conversions </li></ul><ul><li>Data is power </li></ul><ul><li>2010 brings opportunities to savvy businesses(social media) </li></ul><ul><li>The time is now-strike before your competitors do </li></ul>