2. Questions refer to: “what do you think will happen next” (prediction), “what can you tell about”, “which picture goes with the sentence” “how does … feel?” “when”, “where” and “why” “main idea” questions ( You could go over this at the beginning of class.)
4. The Test Navigator Shows how many questions they’ve seen, completed or have yet to finish.
9. Turn in when finished
10. How to Assign it
11. First, open your class
12. When the class is open, Add Column
13. Choose “Assignments”
14. Choose the sequence: Readingtest.s
15. Here’s the new column. Now click inside it and ‘select all’ to make it all black. Fill in as below:
16. Click ‘save’ Students can now find it when they log in
17. To Preview (for teachers) Open the file, click it once to highlight it, then select sequence tab – preview selection
18. To get results:
19. All the students should say “No assignment” now
20. Click Teacher, Print: “Class Summary Report
21. Select “Readingtest.s” and “Preview”
22. Then, please ask students to do the Macmillan Reading Test at http://www.macmillanreaders.com/tests/level-test If students pass the lower levels, ask them to continue on to the intermediate and advanced levels. Have them stop at the last page “thank you” page and take note of their level. Please have students record their scores for the Compass Reading Test and the Macmillan Reading Test on the gradesheet provided. Thanks!