Complex cube reporting for
Microsoft Dynamics AX… in minutes
call +44 20 3189 2090
Product overview The first step toward full BI
Cimbax Report2Cube makes dynamic Business Intelligence (BI) is simply
reporting and cube analysis as easy as providing information to the right people
printing a report. Building on the native at the right time, in a format that allows them
reporting function of Microsoft Dynamics AX, to make the most of it. The requirement for
Report2Cube is the simplest way to bring an high quality BI extends to every business,
analytical capability to both new and existing however the perceived cost and complexity
AX2009 reports. leads to the perception that it is exclusively
for big business; this is where the Cimbax
There is no doubt that Microsoft Dynamics Report2Cube comes in. As an entry level
AX is a rich and powerful environment on its product in a range of BI solutions for
own, but there comes a time when simple Microsoft Dynamics, Report2Cube comes
reports are not enough. Report2Cube with the full support and backing of a
provides a more dynamic reporting sophisticated BI team.
experience; the ability to look at reporting
information in an analytical way. Make a start in BI today with Cimbax
Report2Cube, and bring a dynamic reporting
Key Benefits and analysis capability to AX 2009.
• Ideal for high growth mid market
organizations who have moved beyond
standard AX reporting.
• Rapidly deployed with no additional
• Low cost, low involvement entry to full
Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
Produce a report in AX 2009 and specify that
it is output as an ‘Analysis Services Cube’ to
provide OnLine Analytical Processing
(OLAP) using SQL Server. This output allows
full pivot table analysis through Excel or other
visit www.cimbax.com | call +44 20 3189 2090
• Easy conversion of AX report structure to
Excel Pivot Tables.
• Familiar way of working with reports. Report
conversion to cube is implemented as an
additional output medium for report
• Automatic generation of time dimension
for cube. Standard and Fiscal calendars Any AX report can be
sent to the cube format
• Cube meta data translation.
• Cube model deployment on SQL Server
• Create report with minimum content
on SQL Server Reporting Services from the
• Use Reporting Services Report Builder
component to easily complete report by
dragging and dropping required fields into
report design. Choose the elements of the
report you want as dimensions
• Conversion of report to cube is available
for ordinary AX users with limited rights
on Analysis Services and SQL Server
• Data calculated using business logic
implemented in AX reports are available in
cubes on Analysis Services server and in
reports on SQL Server Reporting Services.
• Graphical presentation of AX report’s
data using Reporting Services report with
• Easy conversion of AX report structure to Cube is then generated automatically
for analysis in Excel
cube on Analysis Services server.
• Available for Microsoft Dynamics
AX4.0 & AX 2009.
• Security setup for data access in Dynamics
AX is inherited by Analysis Services cubes
and Reporting Services reports.
For further information call +44 20 3189 2090