Social networking service
Name of Facebook set on “Colloquial” book
Founded in Fed,2004 by “Mark Zuckerbera”
Harvard University, Cambridge
Students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin
Moskovitz and Chris Hughes
• At least 13 years old.
• In Current number of employees are 5,299.
• Net Income 53 million US$.
Mark Zuckerbera, co-created Facebook in his Harvard dorm
• Zuckerberg was born in 1984 in White Plains, New
• Zuckerberg launched Facebook from his Harvard
dormitory room on February 4, 2004.
• As of April 2013, Zuckerberg is the chairman and
chief executive of Facebook.
Old User profile
Users can create profiles with photos
Lists of personal interests
Communicate with friends
Create Pages or Groups
Half of the world online population uses Facebook
Advantages of Facebook®
• Facebook is free and its one of the best medium for
• Facebook® allows people to connect, to learn from each other,
to discuss issues, viewpoints and share advice.
• Facebook provides entertainment, tons of gaming and other
• Facebook as source of information & news.
• Through Facebook Ads and Fans page you can advertise
• Facebook has good privacy setting which gives you the
option to customize according to your wish.
Disadvantages of Facebook®
Facebook addiction which causes many problems.
Bad effects on students results
Wastes their time in browsing Facebook
Used by criminal minds