Common Online Terminologies
Roxas, Nedilei Janmarie P.
Bachelor of Elementary Education
Major in Preschool Education
University of Santo Tomas
• Electronic Mail
• method of exchanging digital messages from
an author to one or more recipients. Modern
email operates across the Internet or
other computer networks.
• is a server program that allows users to
collaborate in forming the content of a Web
• The term comes from the word "wikiwiki,"
which means "fast" in the Hawaiian language.
• is a centralized online service which enables
users to add, annotate, edit, and share
bookmarks of web documents.
• Hypertext Markup Language
• It is a standardized system for tagging text files
to achieve font, color, graphic, and hyperlink
effects on World Wide Web pages.
• It is a file on the Internet that is available for
downloading to a computer, media
player, iPod etc.
• Defined as Voice over Internet Protocol
• Its allows the user to have telephone calls
over computer networks like the Internet.
• It allows the user to connect and make
interactions over the Internet. It also offers a
very fast transmission of text messages from
the sender to the receiver.
• World Wide Web
• all the resources and users on the Internet
that are using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol
• relating to or being the transfer of data (as
audio or video material) in a
continuous stream especially for immediate
processing or playback
• It is an informational site where everyone can
publish an article. They can also make a
discussion in the particular article which they
find interesting. It allows them to share
information and their opinions and ideas.
• The use of websites where it allows the users
to reach and communicate with other people.
It also gives them the freedom to share their
ideas, opinions and other things.
• Uniform Resource Locator
• is a specific character string that constitutes a
reference to a resource.
• is a data format used for providing users with
frequently updated content.