2. FME Universal Translator• Let’s you convert geospatial data files from one format to another• Supports over 300 spatial and non-spatial formats• Computers in the MDL computer lab have FME installed. U of T students have access to download their own installation of the software onto their laptops
3. 1) Start the FMEUniversalTranslator fromyour WindowsStart Menu.2) Under File, clickon Translate
4. To see which formatscan be translated, clickon the three dots
5. In the FormatsGallery window,you can eithersearch for aformat, or scrollthrough the list tosee whichformats can beconverted.
6. Once you haveselected theformat of yourinput file, selectthe dataset youwant to havetranslated.
7. 1) You now have to selectthe format of your outputfile.2) Select the location wherethe output file is to be saved.3) Click OK toconvert the file.
8. To see if thetranslation iscomplete andsuccessful, consultthe report. At theend, you shouldread “Translationcomplete.”