Love love love: Part 2 October 8, 2009
- “ Stop All the Clocks” (582)
- “ Wreath for a Bridal” (583)
- “ A Pink Wool Knitted Dress” (584)
- Do not underline/bold/italicize/make larger—implies your paper is published
- Wreath for a Denial: Rejection in Plath’s Poetry
Close Reading Workshop
Close Reading Workshop: Steps
- Read it aloud with your group. Read it again.
- Go line-by-line as a group and feel comfortable with every line.
- Create a “synopsis”—what, in a few sentences, is this poem about?
- Structure (rhythm, metre, stanzas)
- Speaker (who is the speaker?)
- Diction/figurative language (tone, literary devices, type of language used)
“ Stop All the Clocks”
Plath and Hughes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZXKA4qXjn8
“ Wayman in Love”