1. AGENDA➠What is E-Rate➠Eligibility and Funding➠SD5LRC Technology Plan➠Summary
2. WHAT IS E-RATE⡾ The Schools and Libraries Program of the Universal Service Fund (E- Rate)⡾ Non-profit private schools -- along with public schools, and libraries -- can receive discounted telecommunications services through the E-rate program.⡾ E-Rate supports connectivity only. Discounts for telecommunications and internet access.⡾ Districts must meet poverty and urban/rural eligibility requirements.
3. WHAT IS E-RATE⡾ Discounts for telecommunication services range from 20 to 90 percent.⡾ Districts must have an approved technology plan in place.⡾ Districts must provide hardware, software and professional development.
4. E- RATE PROCESS Submit Determine YourDetermine Your Eligible Application Services for Program Eligibility Support Develop a Technology Calculate the Discount Undrgo Application Invoice Plan Level Review USAC Open a Receive Select a Begin Competitive Your Service Receipt of Bidding Funding Provider Services Process Decision
5. KEY AREAS OF DISTRICT FIVE’S TECHNOLOGY PLAN Create an Instructional Technology Department Ensure all schools have network infrastructure that will fully support instructional technology initiatives. Students will have access to digital-age learning environments to be effective 21st century digital users and producers of information. District will develop a four year comprehensive plan for training teachers and administrators on effective curriculum integration. District will provide adequate professional development opportunities for all teachers.Full technology plan may be viewed by clicking here.
6. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENTDistrict Five employs the following people to provide technologyprofessional development: Educational Technology Trainer Curriculum/Technology Integration Specialist Four fulltime school based Integration Technology Specialist at the elementary schools 15 Technology Teacher Leaders at the middle and high schoolsProfessional Development opportunities are available: During teacher planning times After school hours Professional development in-service days Summertime classes
7. SUMMARY E-Rate is a valuable resource for qualifying schools and libraries. E-Rate provides telecommunications and internet access discounts for qualifying schools and libraries. Without E-Rate schools and libraries would not be able to afford the telecommunications and internet access. District Five has a lot of professional development opportunities for teachers. District Five will create an Instructional Technology Department to focus on the integration of technology in the curriculum.