How to know God’s will for your
In 10 Steps
About God’s Will
God doesn’t want to lead you with a bridle like a
horse or a mule that has to be reigned in. He
wants to lead you intelligently by the Holy Spirit
according to the word.
1. Be in harmony with God’s Word and
• I delight to do thy will, thy law is within my
• Would God lead you into breaking His law? No
• His work is to be a lamp unto your feet and a
light unto your path.
2. Be willing to do God’s will
• Jesus is your example. He came to do His
• If you are willing God will show you.
• You shouldn’t be planning your own life. You
should be trying to do God’s will.
• God’s will is must more beneficial than you
• You ways lead to sorrow, death, and
3. Enthusiastic faithful prayer for
• Ask in faith, nothing wavering.
• Effectual, enthusiastic prayer of the righteous
• You can have confidence that if you ask
according to God’s will, He will hear you.
4. Do what lies nearest you first!
• God has many things to tell us, but we can’t bear
them now. Do what you can do and what you
know to be correct, right now. Then he will show
you what to do next.
• In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will
direct your path.
• Be faithful in the least first and God will give you
• If you don’t obey God in the small things how will
you obey during the big test?
5. Which option will bring the most
Glory to God?
• Do ALL to the glory of God! Give none offence to either
Jew or Gentile or to the Church.
• That God in ALL things might be glorified!
• Part of the last warning to the world contain these
instructions “give glory to Him”.
• This indicates that most of the world will not be giving
glory to God at the end of time.
• The decisions you make in your daily life indicate
whose side you are on.
• Don’t cause anyone to stumble.
• Don’t hurt ever, the least of God’s children.
6. Seek Christian Advice
• There is safety in a crowd of advisors.
• Don’t follow the advisors of the ungodly.
• Cursed is the man that puts his trust in man.
7. Listing to the voice of the Holy Spirit
• Though you go through hardship and illness, God
will talk to you. You will hear a voice behind you
as you turn to the right or left. God will show you,
“This is the way, walk ye in it!.”
• That still small voice that makes you feel so
uncomfortable is the Holy Spirit speaking to you.
• God doesn’t speak to you in a earthquake or fire,
but in a still small voice.
8. Humbly wait on the Lord
• Those that overcome the beast and his mark
have an identifying characteristic of patience.
They keep God’s commandments (not man’s)
and they humbly wait for Jesus.
• Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him.
• He cannot forget you, your problems or
struggles! Trust Him! He thinks about you
• He guides the humble.
9. Make and implement a decision
• After you have gone though all these steps
move forward in the Lord. Have courage the
Lord is with you!
• You have solely followed the Lord. He has kept
you alive to do His will. Now go after it! Be like
Joshua in the bible and say “Give me this
Watch for the opened or closed doors. Don’t worry about what is on the other side
of the door. Movie forward with your eyes on Jesus. Watching for his leading.
Make sure that you are not violating his word as you move forward.
God will open doors and break in pieces the gates to accomplish His will for your
life. You cant count on it! All throughout the Bible you can see incident after
incident of God’s will being accomplished. As you move forward watch Him
remove the obstacles and remember that He often requires you to move first.
This tests and shows you the state of your Faith. It causes you to exercise your
faith. It is important to have little tests now prior to the big crises? Absolutely!!!
The people at the end of time who overcome the beast are described as having
the faith of Jesus. What kind of faith did Jesus have in His heavenly father? The
I know thy words, behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can
shit it, for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied
God Guides You in Doing His Will
• Has not God said He would give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him? and
is not this spirit a real, true actual guide?
• Some men seem afraid to take God at His word as though it would be
presumption in them. They pray for the Lord to teach us and yet are afraid
to credit the pledged word of God and believe we have been taught of
• So long as we come to our heavenly Father humble and with a spirit to be
taught, willing and anxious to learn, why should we doubt God’s fulfilment
of His own promise? You must not for a moment doubt Him and dishonour
• When you have sought to know His will, your part in the operation with
God is to believe that you will be led and guided and blessed in the doing
of His will.
• We may mistrust ourselves in case we misinterpret His teachings, but
make even this a subject of prayer, and trust Him, still trust Him to the
uttermost, that His Holy Spirit will lead you to interpret aright His plans
and the working of His providence.
“Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His
righteousness, and all these things shall be
added unto you.”
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.