Linkedin - build your visibility in 6 simple stepsPresentation Transcript
Get LinkedInIn 6 simple steps
1. Register yourself That’s simple – you just need to fill in fileds with your data: first name, last name, e-mail, and password.Then you have to start filling inyour profile – you have to addcountry you live in, zipcode, your status, job title andindustry you work in. Resumesimo: free resume templates - free resume builder.
2. Search your contacts Just after adding your basic detail, you can start to build your contacts network. LinkedIn proposes to start doing this with searching your e-mail account to find people already in the service. Now you can add contacts found through your mailbox. Resumesimo: free resume templates - free resume builder.
3. Share your profile Now you can share your profile on Facebook and Twitter.Now you have your profile.Time to add some data! Resumesimo: free resume templates - free resume builder.
4. Fill in your profileThere is quite a lot of fields to fillin, but remember that moreinformation you provide, morevisible for potential employeryou will be.You can fill of them one byone, so it’s not that difficult.LinkedIn shows also how manypercent of your profile is alreadydone.Why is it soe important? Employers use search engines to find candidate for openposition. Each word in your profile is potential keyword, so it’s important to describe yourprevious jobs, add skills lists and so on.There is also possibility to add your website or blog address, Twitter account and so on. Ifyou would like to build your name as a professional, it’s almost mandatory to fill thesefields. Resumesimo: free resume templates - free resume builder.
5. Find your colleagues Once your profile is compleated you should start build your contact list. You can add connections through various options – search by e-mail address, add former/current colleagues, add classmates or use LinkedIn suggestions. Resumesimo: free resume templates - free resume builder.
6. Be active Join groups relevant to your profession, and be active! Many of people participating in discussions are potential employers, so your comments my work just like interview questions.Resumesimo: free resume templates - free resume builder.
Constant improvementYour career is probably very dynamic, so your LinkedIn should be the same andshould follow developments in your professional life. Remember to keep peopleupdated and notify them about each new jobs, projects, etc., so they will see youyour experience and skills are growing.These few simple steps will definitely improve your visibility in LinkedIn. Good luckwith your career!More about career building in:Resumesimo – free resume builder. Resumesimo: free resume templates - free resume builder.