1. Learning in the Age of Digital Media Presented at SXSWedu 2013
2. James CrossMediaCorejames@mediacore.com
4. 1 Students as content creators
5. how to...
6. how to...16,000,000+ videos
7. how to...
8. how to clean your room
9. how to play...
10. The most powerfulcontent creationtools ever...In students’ pockets.
11. “ The motivation to share is the driver; technology is just the enabler. If you oﬀer people the opportunity to produce and to share, they’ll sometimes take you up on it, even if they’ve never behaved that way before and even if they’re ” not as good at it as the pros. – Clay Shirky Cognitive Surplus, 2010
12. 2 On-demand learning
13. TV Guide BBC1 BBC2 ITV C4 C55pm News Top Gear News News Wife Swap The Coronation6pm Eastenders Apprentice Street Friends Simpsons Family7pm Mastermind Star Trek Fortunes The Sopranos 248pm Football The Oﬃce Knight Rider Big Brother South Park9pm News Newsnight News Lost Die Hard
14. School Timetable Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri9am Maths English Science PE Music10am English French PE Maths Science11am English Science English Maths English1pm PE French English Science Maths2pm PE English Science Maths English
15. Students live in an on-demand world.
16. Why isn’t school on-demand?
17. It can be. Easily.
18. The most powerfulcontent creationtools ever...Also in teacher’s hands