13. Mobile devices are di erent Telephone Messaging Camera Compass Mobile users are di erent
14. Content-Type: application/msword
15. The Mobile Web is not a 320px Web
16. Single device Multi deviceSedentary user Mobile user *Declarative ImperativeThin client Thick clientDocuments Applications * or supine, or sedentary, or passive, or...
17. A badge for all these ways the web is changing
18. HTML5 is a new version of HTML4, XHTML1, and DOM Level 2 HTML addressing many of the issues of those speciﬁcations while at the same time enhancing (X)HTMLto more adequately address Web applications. - WHATWG Wiki
19. What is an app?
20. 2008We must have an iPhone App!
21. 2009We must have an Android App!
22. 2010We must have an iPad App!
23. 2011We must have a...
25. What is an app?
26. Consumption vs Creation Linkability User Experience Architecture
27. WebCompromise sites Web apps Native apps Nativeness
29. The web is now as much a stack as it is a medium
30. MS RIM Symbian Apple AndroidTop European Smartphone Platforms July 2011, comScore MobiLens
31. .NET J2ME C++ Obj-C JavaNative programming languages you’ll need July 2011
32. IE WebKit WebKitWebKit WebKitBrowser platforms to target July 2011
33. There is no WebKit on Mobile - @ppk
34. But at least we are using one language, one markup, one style system
35. IE 10 PR Chrome 10 Safari 5 Firefox 4 iOS4.31 Playbook Honeycomb @font-face CanvasHTML5 Audio & Video rgba(), hsla() border-image: border-radius: box-shadow: text-shadow: opacity:Multiple backgrounds Flexible Box Model CSS Animations CSS Columns CSS Gradients CSS Reﬂections CSS 2D Transforms CSS 3D Transforms CSS Transitions Geolocation API local/sessionStorage SVG/SVG Clipping SMIL Inline SVG Drag and Drop hashchangeX-window Messaging History Management applicationCache Web Sockets Web Workers Web SQL Database WebGL IndexedDB
36. Stay on top of diversityCan I Use?http://caniuse.comModernizrhttp://modernizr.comDeviceAtlashttp://deviceatlas.com