9. Mobile Context? One Web? Responsive Design? Apps or Sites?(an inability to answer these questions does not constitute an excuse not to innovate)
10. Single device Multi deviceSedentary user Mobile user *Declarative ImperativeThin client Thick clientDocuments Applications * or supine, or sedentary, or passive, or...
11. A badge for all these ways the web is changing
12. Cross-platformmobile web apps
13. What is an app?
14. Consumption vs Creation Linkability User Experience Architecture
15. WebCompromise sites Web apps Native apps Nativeness
16. HTML5 is a new version of HTML4, XHTML1, and DOM Level 2 HTML addressing many of the issues of those speciﬁcations while at the same time enhancing (X)HTMLto more adequately address Web applications. - WHATWG Wiki
18. The web is now as much a stack as it is a medium
19. Cross-platformmobile web apps
20. MS RIM Symbian Apple AndroidTop European Smartphone Platforms July 2011, comScore MobiLens
21. .NET J2ME C++ Obj-C JavaNative programming languages you’ll need July 2011
22. IE WebKit WebKitWebKit WebKitBrowser platforms to target July 2011
23. There is no WebKit on Mobile - @ppk
24. But at least we are using one language, one markup, one style system
25. IE 10 PR Chrome 10 Safari 5 Firefox 4 iOS4.31 Playbook Honeycomb @font-face CanvasHTML5 Audio & Video rgba(), hsla() border-image: border-radius: box-shadow: text-shadow: opacity:Multiple backgrounds Flexible Box Model CSS Animations CSS Columns CSS Gradients CSS Reﬂections CSS 2D Transforms CSS 3D Transforms CSS Transitions Geolocation API local/sessionStorage SVG/SVG Clipping SMIL Inline SVG Drag and Drop hashchangeX-window Messaging History Management applicationCache Web Sockets Web Workers Web SQL Database WebGL IndexedDB