The Top 4 Oil Field Jobs In America
• By 2020 it is the hope that the US will become completely
independent from Saudi Arabia as the top producer of oil in
the world. This will also create around 1.3 million jobs in the
• Oil jobs can be quite profitable. An entry level position salary
can be between $60-$80,000 a year just for the cost of
getting your hands a little dirty.
• A senior level position salary is around $80-$100,000 a year.
What are these jobs and what do they entail? Read on to
• Truck drivers are high in demand when it comes to
senior level oilfield jobs. They are the leaders of the
business, because they are the ones transporting oil to
where it is needed.
• Truck drivers can make up to $2,500 a week. They
must be handy and have a background in mechanics
just in case the truck breaks down or if a tire needs to
• One must also be able to drive for long periods of time.
• The Derrick Hand is considered one of the most dangerous
oil field jobs. It is for the risk takers and those who can think
quickly on their feet.
• According to Indeed.com the average salary is around
$69,000 a year. The job entails monitoring the day-to-day
drilling in oil fields.
• One must maintain the pumps, guide the drill pipe, get in
between tough places that the drill may be stuck in as well as
lots of pulling and pushing of the drills. Past rig work
experience is a plus, you cannot have a fear of heights and
you will need to pass a drug test before you can start
• This is one of the highest paying positions in the
oil field industry, and one must have at least 10
years of experience to be successful.
• Geologist are the ones determining where it is
not only safest to drill but also where the richest
• Geologist are also responsible for presenting
their findings of a piece of land to the managers
and owners of the oil companies. The average
salary is between $99-$153,000 a year.
MWD Field Engineer
• This position will have more to do with numbers than the other
positions mentioned above. One must also possess an
undergraduate degree in engineering or science to be able to
be considered for the position.
• These engineers will be reading and analyzing the drilling
positions during the drilling process. These guys make sure
drilling is being done properly, using all the lands natural
resources efficiently. The annual salary is between $63$80,000. And these are always full-time positions.
• The oil field industry will continue to grow with a demanding
need for hands and minds to fulfill the dream of America
becoming oil independent. What this will do for our economy
will be another story.