James A. Lunsford Jr.
8131 Willow Bank Way ~ Douglasville, Georgia 30134
To find a Sr. System Administer or IT Management position that will allow me to help a progressive
organization meet and exceed growing IT challenges.
• OVERVIEW OF QUALIFICATIONS
Quality-focused System and Network Administration
• Implementation of Virtual and Network Technologies
• Excellent troubleshooting and technical support abilities
• Experienced in Workstation Rollouts and Operating System Imaging
• Excels in developing and motivating highly focused teams
• Productivity Improvement
• Operational Leadership
Microsoft Certified System Engineer
• A+ Certified Technician
Operating Systems: Windows 7/ 2008/2003 Windows XP, Windows 2000-9x, OSX/Tiger
Networking: WIMAX, VOIP, LAN, VPN, WAN, LDAP, TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, DNS,
FTP, SMTP/POP3 and Wireless Technologies
Tracking Software: Track-It, Clarify, and Remedy
Email Suites: Exchange 14/2007/2003, Novell GroupWise and Lotus Domino
Multi Media: Adobe Premiere 6.0, Go Live, Photoshop 9.0, Image Ready 7.0, Acrobat
6.0,Adobe Illustrator 10, Adobe Studio MX Macromedia, Flash MX , Macromedia Fireworks
MX , Dream Weaver MX, FreeHand 10, Director 8.5, Macromedia Studio, Pinnacle Video
Studio 6, Final Cut Pro, Quark Express v4Apple Studio Pro
Programming: Visual Basic, Java Script, Perl, ASP, Cold fusion MX
Patch management/Security tools: Patch link, Zone Alarm 4x, HFNetChk Pro, Ecora,
Retina Scan, Real Secure Desktop
Utility Support Systems, Douglasville, Georgia May 2008 ~ Present Sr.
Financial/Statically Database Applications: WRDS,CCH, Quick Books 2009, Quicken
2009, SAS 9, SPSS, PeopleSoft, PeoplesoftHr, Oracle 8x, Thomson Financials DataStream
• Worked closely End Notes, Liseral, CRSP, in evaluating Mathematica 4x, MATLAB
Advance, Eventus, with software development team Bloomberg, and implementing customized
GIS enterprise mapping software for utility industry.
6.1,Maple 8, Access 2007, SQL Server 2008/2000, Suudan 9x, DBMSCopy and EPI Info
• Developed and implemented disaster recovery for network infrastructure to ensure ongoing
business continuity resulting in 99.9 uptime.
Additional Software: ESRI/GIS, AutoCAD 2009, Ghost Enterprise 8x, WebEx, Office
• Assist with web page development maintenance of intranet, company homepage and
2003/XP, Star Office, Blackberry Suite, Ms Project 03, FileMaker Pro 5, VERITAS Backup
Exec, development of SharePoint extranet portals.
Citrix Metaframe, Novell , Netpedia Netopus, and VMware
• Implemented SharePoint Server 2007 which increased customer communication and saved
company $10,000 in consulting cost.
• Diagnose and resolve system/network related problems often of a complex nature associated
with network appliances, server hardware/software and highly available tiered applications.
• Evaluate patches, deploy enterprise scale solutions for testing in virtual VMware enterprise
which help to consolidate physical server infrastructure (Provided a 30% utility savings and
significant reduction in on-going hardware warranty cost)
Ambassadors International, Atlanta, GA May 2005 ~ May 2008
•Responsible for managing, developing and maintaining the Company’s network infrastructure and
security, hosting and routing management as well as the Company's live website infrastructure.
•Fulfilled administrative responsibilities including evaluating and implementing software and OS
upgrades on servers while recommending network improvement telecommunications systems
supporting staff of over 150 personnel.
•Analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion to
ensure maximum business performance functionality while reducing network downtime.
•Spearheaded completion of major migrations to bring the Company’s network systems up to date;
including Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and Navision 2009
• Configured and maintained the Company’s virtual private network (VPN) service..
• Monitored network usage to effectively measure and control the Company’s network bandwidth.
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA Nov 2002 ~ May 2005
• Assisted in the setup and installation of campus wide server Windows 2003 deployment
which centralized active directory university infrastructure.
• Installed and configured more than 100+ departmental workstations/laptops while
providing IT support to all end users to ensure efficient system usage.
• Collaborate with technology strategy groups on project management, operations of the
infrastructure, and the implementation of new technology.
• Test general system auditing /software packaging technologies for compatibility with
existing compute environment
• Evaluate interactive educational software and develop internal training program
• Managed group of PHD/MBA Students on support of new network and system projected
related to annually technology research funds
AGL Resources, Atlanta, Georgia Mar 2002 ~ Nov 2002
Network administrator (6 month contract)
• Provided 24/7/365 system support, technical analysis, diagnosis, installation, maintenance, and
modification to resolution or escalation in a 3-Tiered environment ensuring 100% compliance
with Service Level Agreement
• Quarantined, researched, identified, document and implemented resolution to viruses when
infection is present to ensure safety and security in the networked environment.
• Project Management for software/PCs and laptop rollouts.
• Remotely supported 6 off-site manufacturing facilities, 300 users, 50 networks and 80 LPN
printers ensuring complete uptime.
GE Information Technology, Atlanta, Georgia Nov 2001 ~ Mar 2002
System Network Support Analyst (6 month contract)
• Performed Microsoft Windows 2000 Assessments at several different public sector and
commercial customers. Interviewed customers, analyzed systems and networks using non-
intrusive tools and determined enterprise readiness to migrate to Windows 2000. All
engagements were concluded with written reports and management presentations
• Decommissioned Servers, low-level format, ended lease and/or maintenance, returned to
vendor or disposed of in accordance with security policies.
• Racked and cabled new hardware as well as relocation of existing hardware for optimal use
of rack and power efficiency
• Experience with automated network/systems monitoring and alerting solutions such as
Snort, Cacti, and other Open-Source monitoring solutions
HAW Innovative Technologies, Atlanta, Georgia Aug 2000 ~ Oct 2002
Senior Network/System Support Analyst
• Utilized imaging or similar technology for server builds and rapid recovery in case of failure,
minimizing downtime by 95%
• Opened support tickets with software and hardware vendors, evaluated, determined root
cause, collaborated with internal and external technical support to ensure 100% problem
• Implemented disaster recovery from off-site location bare metal restores to 90% current data
• Created and maintained complete documentation of all equipment including location,
hardware, software, configurations, lease and maintenance agreements and vendor contact
information in 100% compliance with departmental guidelines
Emory University, Atlanta, GA Jun 1998 ~ Aug 2000
Departmental Support Technician Level II
• Configured, maintained, and upgraded PCs, laptops, network and local printers to 100% satisfaction
• Minimized data loss and downtime through the creation of disaster recovery procedures and
proactive backup strategies.
• Implemented Internet proxy/firewall and monitoring solution
• Assist in development of a rolling three-year Information Technology
Georgia Southern University ~ Statesboro, Georgia
BA, Business Management June 1998
Strayer University ~ Douglasville, Georgia
MBA, (In pursuit) 2011