1. Agencies must change! Professor Jonathan Briggs Hyper Island
2. Agencies must change! Music Movies Newspapers Professor Jonathan BriggsKingston University, the OTHER media &Advertising Hyper Island Politics Education
3. Who will survive?Who will prosper? Who fails?
4. Charging What needs to change?The Work Think about the biggest issues in eachStructure Crowdsource the results Keep the ideas clear and Tools different http://bit.ly/openlondonProcessesCulture
5. Become a 100% digital agency?
6. Give away free workUnlimited work for a ﬁxed fee Free updates for life Pitch lists with 20 agencies Clients have no idea Make a better Facebook We want the “wow factor” Digital is cheap
7. Possible changes• Stop being agencies• Stop pitching • Charge for value• Buy more digital • Payment by results• Improve PR functions • Take a cut in sales• Offer strategic • Technology licensing consulting • Software as a service• Crowdsource/ • Charge for leads outsource everything • Invest in start-ups• Search marketing • Lowe Labs• Create products
8. Ways of doing things are are changing
11. pay for results
12. direct 20% 870 $195 ? orders per average month order search 62.5% ? qualiﬁed nearly trafﬁc customers $2.5M0.57 trafﬁc customers PPC 0.87%cpc annual revenue 14.4% referrals 0.87% % site email 2.8% conversion 1.2M followImaginary ﬁgures numbers
13. small projects
14. continuous change
16. How are agencies changing? Outsourcing orIn house production crowdsourcing Paid for time Paid for results Integrated teams Specialist departments Services or Campaigns ecommerce Big ideas Focus on numbers Big projects Small iterative projects
17. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Vimeo, Delicious or search on Google jonathanbriggs