Piedmont Public Schools
• Preparing students for success in college and careers...
Welcome to Piedmont!
By May 2014, Piedmont students will demonstrate effective skills in mathematical
reasoning and problem solving as evidenced by at least 83% of all students
scoring proficient or above on the OCCT/EOI in mathematics, at least 80% of
students scoring at proficient or above on mathematics classroom
benchmarks, and at least 50% of the students who take ACT scoring 21 or
better in mathematics.
By Spring 2014, at least 80% of Piedmont students will meet or exceed grade
level literacy standards as measured by the percentage of students scoring
proficient or above on the state assessment in reading and English language
arts, student performance in DIBELS, student writing performance on class
benchmarks across the curriculum, and student performance on the ACT.
By Spring 2014, Piedmont students will exhibit increased digital literacy as
measured by at least 2 student created digital products in 50% or more of the
classrooms in the district.
• SMART Goal setting in each school
• Curriculum Mapping
• Technology Integration Support
• District Collaboration Afternoons
• Literacy-focused professional development for all content areas
• Professional development in mathematics practices
• Parent Information Sessions
Key Initiatives in Curriculum
• SMART goals must contain all 5 elements: specific, measurable,
achievable, realistic, and time bound
• Grade level and department
• Action Steps
S.M.A.R.T. Goals at each School
• Wednesday, September 18, 2013
• Wednesday, October 9, 2013
• Wednesday, November 13, 2013
• Wednesday, January 15, 2014
• Wednesday, February 12, 2014
• Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Students dismissed 2 hours early to provide teachers and
administrators opportunities to plan for the continued
implementation of the Common Core Standards.
District Collaboration Afternoons
• Mini-sessions after school
• Grade level meetings
• Vertical team meetings by content area
• Department meetings
• Classroom coaching
• Collaboration with mentor teachers and administrative staff
• Parent information sessions-technology integration and Common Core
• Voluntary summer trainings opportunities
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.