2. YES!!!!!!!!!!! I never knew I always needed this! OpenPhoto looks like exactly what I’ve been looking for. Been looking for a Flickr alternative for years! This is coming along rapidly! OpenPhoto could be AWESOME! What people are saying https://twitter.com/OpenPhoto/favoritesFlickr, http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/al-mohanna/5436096181/in/photostream/
3. Your photos can be...aggregated, backed up and organized... without giving up control or portability.
4. The OpenPhoto Project✦ Started in June of 2011✦ Raised $25,000 on Kickstarter✦ Open sourced on Github✦ Ofﬁcially part of Mozilla’s WebFWD program
5. Imagine if...✦ You could use a photo service as good as Flickr✦ You didn’t have to store your photos at Yahoo!✦ You had a choice of where your photos are stored
6. Imagine if...✦ You could sign up for a hosted service✦ You could install the software yourself✦ All this was portable
7. How’s it look?
8. What About Mobile?✦ iPhone and Android app is complete and waiting to be launched in the App Store✦ Both are available on Github https://github.com/openphoto/mobile-ios https://github.com/openphoto/mobile-android
9. A Sneak Peak
10. Project goals✦ Tools to aggregate, organize and backup photos✦ Obsess over the user experience and interface✦ Embrace the programmable web✦ Provide bindings for every popular language✦ Reach critical mass, including your mom
11. How we’re doing it✦ Decoupling the data from the application✦ Let users supply personal Dropbox or S3 accounts✦ Giving ownership of the data to the user✦ Decentralizing the hosting✦ Federating nodes✦ Open platform documentation
12. Installing OpenPhoto✦ Instructions at http://theopenphotoproject.org/documentation✦ Amazon AMIs available✦ Shell script can be executed to set up the entire system✦ Use cloud services or local ﬁlesystem and MySql
13. The Hosted Version✦ The lazy man’s friend✦ You can still connect to your Dropbox or S3✦ If you change your mind and want to host yourself you simply point to your S3 bucket✦ Automatic upgrades and other convenient features
14. The API & Dogfooding✦ Everything that’s been built has exclusively used the API✦ Webhook / Event API to build realtime applications✦ Consistent and documented
15. Using the API✦ Language bindings in PHP, Ruby, Python and Java✦ Coming soon C# and Objective-C✦ Language bindings include command line API program
16. An example of using the API ✦ Gist to upload every photo in a directory
17. What’s Next?✦ Plugins for iPhoto, Aperture, Shotwell, etc.✦ Support additional backend services✦ Video...
18. Want to help?✦ Project website http://theopenphotoproject.org✦ Find us on Github https://github.com/openphoto✦ Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org https://twitter.com/OpenPhoto
19. Invites!Use code webfwd at http://openphoto.me