3009 Garden Villa Ln. (512) 773-7146
Austin, TX 78704 email@example.com
Highly motivated, creative, self-starting professional with experience in Business Intelligence technologies, government
regulations, and technical support to pursue a career opportunity utilizing interpersonal communication skills and technical experi
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MS SQL Server 2005 BI Application Development)
Microsoft Certified Information Technology Specialist (Designing BI Solutions using MS SQL Server 2005)
• SAS, Data Warehousing, CRM, Data Mining and
Analytic Solutions, Web enabling technologies
• Technical Support for: Macintosh, Windows •
C, C++, BEA Tuxedo, IBM Websphere, Lotus
NT/98/2000/XP, UNIX (multiple shells), Linux Notes
ver MX, Fireworks MX, Photoshop Framework Manager, TM1, Crystal Reports
• SQL, SQL Server / • Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint,
Analytics/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS/MOSS, Oracle8i +, Project, FrontPage, Visio
DB2, Sybase • LAN (Ethernet, Fast Ethernet), WAN (frame relay,
IP), TCP/IP, Networking
JCB Partners – Dallas, TX / Denver, CO July 2007 –March
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Cognos BI Developer
• Financial, Operational, Manufacturing and Sales dashboards implemented at various businesses usually for C-level
personnel, using Cognos 8.3, Transformer, Framework Manager, Oracle and Data Manager / Informatica and other tools.
• Created reporting systems and multi-dimensional cubes, specifically for manufacturing, pharmaceutical and retails
companies; including but not exclusive to: Tabasco, Arc’teryx and Gilead Sciences.
GVLSA, LLC – Ft. Worth, TX/Downers Grove, IL July 2006 –July
SAS Independent Contractor/Small Business Developer
• Demand Planning for McDonalds (Downers Grove, IL); using SAS V9.1.3 and multivariate statistical methods to
develop new forecast models (regression and ARIMA) for over 13,000 restaurants nationwide.
• Product design, business development, technical support, marketing and sales (Austin, TX/Guangzho, China).
• Title research and website design for Devon Energy Production Company, LP (Ft. Worth, TX).
Texas Education Agency - Austin, TX December 2005 –July 2006
December 2005 –July 2006
Manager II / Statistician
Student Assessment Division
• Utilized SAS to report and present to commissioners about the State’s compliance with Federal Educational Regulations;
No Child Left Behind Act and the Independent Disabilities Education Act.
• Migrated the SAS environment from Mainframe to PC and UNIX.
• Fielded phone calls from State and District Education Officials about complying with NCLB/IDEA.
• Worked with educators to employ and report on new benchmark statistics required by recently enacted federal legislation
MAXIMUS, Inc. - Reston, VA March 2004 –September 2005
March 2004 –September 2005
Manager / Operations Manager
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Education and Defense
• Developed disaster recovery and business continuity contingency plans for internal and external clients.
• Supervised special education software division staff for sales and implementations.
• Authored, tested and implemented the Texas Public Assistance Cost Allocation Plan, FFY 2005. Created processes and
technologies to assist diverse governmental agencies and companies comply with HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley
• Performed an integral component of the sales process, and managed responses to RFPs and RFIs.
Fixingtheworld.com - Georgetown, TX/Honduras June 2001 - May 2004
Non-Profit Director / Performance Analyst / Grant Writer
Coincided with graduate school
• Created a non-profit organization to align sponsors in the U.S. with those in Honduras. Local businesses and
organizations contributed cash and in-kind donations of medical and school supplies, clothing, and computers valued in
excess of $20,000 for use in remote Honduran villages.
• Designed and led simultaneous projects to evaluate the work of M.E.D.I.C.O. in Honduras, including medical brigades,
water projects, and provided technology training to teachers and students of a rural school.
• Led and implemented the budget planning aspects of the resource allocation expenditures.
• Presented SAS analytical results to staff directly or indirectly involved with the projects.
Technology Enablers, Inc. - Dallas, TX August 2000 - June 2001
Senior Consultant / Software Developer
• Collaborated with officials at all organizational levels to identify their business challenges and sell specific technology
• Directed the cooperation needed for development, mapping and implementation of enterprise-wide customized software
into the culture and process of existing international financial organizations.
• Programmed “links” between mainframes/legacy systems and newer systems using C language, Tuxedo and Websphere.
SAS Institute, Inc. - San Jose, CA June 1999 - June 2000
Systems Engineer for Western Region
• Formulated, demonstrated and implemented tailored SAS software solutions for Fortune 500 companies; CRM –
intelligent web analysis methodologies, network efficiency monitoring and improvement procedures, and data
• Initiated and championed the creation of a new CRM product launch leveraging SAS software for web enablement
• Presented SAS technology to potential clients in a pre-sales role, and then conducted installations, configurations and
trainings for the customers post sales.
Vircio.com - Austin, TX Jan 1998 - May 1999
Consultant / Network Architect and Technical Support
• Approached new clients with tailored technical solutions for clients that previously had no technology, and provided
them support on multiple operating systems and software packages.
• 10 years of Qualitative and Quantitative Data Anal • Polished client service soft skills
ysis experience • Languages: Spanish, Hebrew and Portuguese
The University of Texas at Austin The University of Texas at Austin
Master of Public Affairs, May 2004 Honors BBA/Honors BA/BBA (MIS) May 1999
LBJ School of Public Affairs, GPA 3.9 Red McCombs School of Business, GPA 3.7
● SAS Research Project for the Congressional ● Plan 2 Thesis: "Analysis of the IT Industry,
Research Service: “Technology in Emerging Countries” Applied to a Business Plan”
● SAS Professional Report: “Analyzing the Effects of ● Honors Coll. Scholarship
Government Borrowing on Private Income” ● Honors Achievement Scholarship
SetFocus, LLC. Austin, TX
July/09 - September/09 Business Intelligence Master’s Program
• Implemented a Labor Analysis Business Intelligence solution for a fictitious national construction company.
• Existing data from diverse data sources were consolidated into a uniform SQL Server 2005 database. ETL capabilities o
f SQL Server Integration Services were used to define imports of the data, build scheduling packages, to define integrati
on flow, log data error exceptions and orphaned data and to define Database Maintenance Plans and send emails.
• Created a number of cubes, dimensions and business critical KPIs using SQL Server Analysis Services representing aggr
egations in several different ways - hierarchically and using custom groupings that the company will use to analyze perfo
rmance. Created several MDX queries according to business requirements.
• Developed several detail and summary reports including line and pie charts, trend analysis reports and sub-reports accor
ding to business requirements using SQL Server Reporting Services.
• Implemented business intelligence dashboards using MOSS 2007 Report Center and Excel Services producing different
summary results based on user view and role membership.
• Created score cards with executive summary dashboards using MS Office Performance Point Server 2007 Dashboard De
signer that display performance monitoring measures for sales, sales trends, and book return rates for a fictitious book pu
blisher deriving data from a SQL Server 2005 OLAP data source and deployed them to SharePoint sites . The dashboards
also contain drill-down capabilities to view book sales by book category and customer, through summary reports and sal
es trend charts.
• Created score cards with advanced set of dashboards using MS Office Performance Point Server 2007 Dashboard Design
er that feature executive summary measures for revenue, overhead costs, material purchases, labor and profitability trend
s for a fictitious construction company extracting data from a SQL Server 2005 OLAP data source and deployed them to
SharePoint sites. The dashboards also contain pages to view performance by employee, by region, and by quarter enablin
g end-users to make filter selections.
• Key product areas utilized also include data modeling, SSRS report subscriptions and data driven subscriptions, SSAS a
nalysis services processing tasks, cube processing options and roles