Right at the start of my project I used a form of technology called Wikipedia, I used this so I could research the chosen Band Snow Patrol and there his musical history, Albums, Music videos and what record label they are under.
I also used YouTube Which was a massive help when I did my music video research as i was able to highlight areas in which i wanted to talk about and take screen shots i was also able to watch pass music videos of snow patrol and get a feel for what they like to integrate in there music videos. I was also able to view amateur videos from previous media students which allowed me to see videos from different approaches. Using YouTube allowed me to prepare for filming my music video by using storyboards, shooting scripts and gave me a feel of what to expect.
The Blog is a massive part of my media work as i was able to access it from home and school this made it alot easier for me to upload work, view comment from teachers and other student which allowed me to improve on my work, I could also make my blog more asthetically pleasing by adding photos into my work and changing fonts on writing which allowed my work to have an allround better appearance.
I used small pieces of technology such as tripods as well this allowed me to have allot better shots as i was able to pan the camera in different directions and i was able to reach heights that i wouldn't be able to if i was holding the camera, it also allowed for a much stiller shot. it was also used for taking pictures.
For filming our group used a Hd camera which was really good as we were able to have really detailed shots which made our music video allot better, we also used the same camera for when we took pictures which made it easier to edit because we were able to pick out little details that would make a big difference to things such as the digipak and poster.
Any Video converter was used so that we could convert our music files so that they would be capatable for using adobe premere pro which was our editing software. The good thing about using any video converter was that it was very quick when we converted large files which ment we saved time on converting files which allowed us more time to edit.
Adobe Premier Pro was our editing software, when we first used this we were abit slow and quite frankly found it a little confusing, after a while we got used to it and managed to do some great editing in our shots for example we were using different transitions for text and scene to scene, It also allows you to change the clips brightness and lighting, sharpening footage, rewinding and using slow-motion in some clips. which allowed for some really great shots!
I used Adobe Photoshop for the editing of my posters and digipaks, this was really could as it is a professional software and you can do some really detailed editing with it. for example in one of our shots we dropped a pen and you could see it on the floor in a photo so we were able to edit this out by using the blur tool on Photoshop and now you wouldn't no if it was there. I was also able to add a range of titles to my posters which i was really happy with as it carries on the feel of loneliness which i was trying to portray with my digipaks and posters.