Hint: Define Success first. Try to identify numbers - those when translated in to ratios, percentages or rates will indicate progress towards a goal or create marketing value (in this case, drive awareness, improve sentiment, show +ve impact on sales)
1. Getting Creative with Web Analytics
2. You’re the Web Analytics Manager Image credit: http://www.mcdonalds.ca/
3. You’re the Web Analytics Manager Image credit: http://www.mcdonalds.ca/
4. You’re the Web Analytics Manager Image credit: http://www.mcdonalds.ca/
5. Your Task Is To Present aCampaign Performance Dashboard
6. To start, think about this+ Campaign The big idea is that anyone in Canada can ask any food-related question and McDonald’s will dig up an answer and post it on its website.+ Channels Questions can be submitted via Twitter, Facebook and Website, answers on Website+ Metrics = Numbers What numbers can or should McD collect that will help them determine the success of this campaign?
7. Activity I+ Objective What could be the objective of this campaign?+ Identify Metrics = Numbers List/Identify all numbers they will need to collect from the website activity they’re inviting through this campaign+ Why do you think are these metrics useful? What do they indicate?
8. Some Metrics to work with + Number of Questions Asked + Number of Answers Given (say All Answers were Video Posts) + Number of Follow up Questions Asked + New Visitors to Website + Unique Page Views + Number of Video Views + Returning Visitors to Website + Number of Local Media Mentions of Campaign + Number of International Media Mentions of Campaign + Positive Mentions in Social Media + Negative mentions in Social MediaFeel free to add more metrics to the list for your analysis. Remember, however, that a lot ofmeaningful analysis (KPIs) can be achieved from the metrics above.
9. Activity II+ Identify Metrics = Numbers List/Identify all numbers they will need to collect from the website activity they’re inviting through this campaign+ Translate into KPI’s Organize your numbers into meaningful ratios, percentages or rates+ Group/Organize KPI’s and Metrics Group metrics and organize into a dashboard+ Analyze – What are the numbers telling you?
11. Presenting Your Dashboard Calling One Enthusiastic Team!
12. Sample Dashboard Goal (to KPI / Metric Desired measure) Change Participation Number of Questions Asked Increase Activated Number of Questions Asked / Increase Participation Number of New VisitorsConsumption of Video Views / Number of Answers Increase Answers Given Number of Follow Up Questions Skepticism Asked/Number of Questions Asked Decrease Sentiment Positive Mentions in Social Media / Increase Improvement Number of Questions Asked
13. Let’s Debrief+ How did the process go?+ Challenges? Other Approaches?+ Insights Gained+ Applications/Relevance to your client projects+ Closing Thoughts
15. Stay in Touchjagtiani.email@example.com/jagtianinikhilwww.ca.linkedin.com/in/nikhiljagtianinplusconsulting.com (live Jan 2013)