My initial ideas for the app icon were colourful and bright. Then it was
pointed out to me in feedback of my first 2 designs that they weren't
frightening enough. This was where I took this advice on board and came
back with 2 designs that I knew, one of them would be the one I develop
into a final idea.
The final amendments were easy to place after the second lot of feedback
stated that I should go with the darker design. The font was the problem. I
didn't want people to be instantly drawn to the font, yet I didn't want the
icon to not have a title etc.
The font and colour I think matches perfectly
with the icon due to the very subtle nature of
it. Overall a good design and the feedback
was the key that led me to creating a good
The t-shirt is very bold in colour. I like this because it makes it eye-
catching therefore more people are going to lock onto the design and want
to find out the meaning behind it. If I had one thing that I would do
differently is not change the design but to design more than one t-shirt. T-
shirts that suit different age ranges. So maybe a polo shirt with a Jimmy's
head or pocket tee with a nice design would be good as it would create a
more varied t-shirt line. This means that I am more likely to have more
than one good design.
The actual design process was good as I achieved everything with the
design that I wanted to. The feedback on the initial ideas seemed to show
that my design was heading in the right direction and that my final design
definitely achieved this.
The web banners were a highly pleasing to make and something that came
about very quickly. After creating one design I gave it over for feedback
and the feedback was explicit in saying that, depending on size variation,
there needs to be changes in designs to fill the whole web banner space.
I wanted to get Jimmy's head in there so I can keep the recognisable theme
of the brand stretched out across many different design platforms.
The client feedback of the final marketing plan, of which all web banners
were included for display, seemed to like the designs and more importantly
the variation in the designs.
Discount Voucher (Leaflet & E-mail attachment)
This is the design which I believe could have had a lot more work put into
it. The group feedback and the client feedback both suggest that the design
looks rushed and could have turned out better. The font was what the client
seemed to think brought the overall appeal of the design down.