1. AGENDA Best practices Calendaring tools Scheduling tools
2. BEST PRACTICES The “one calendar rule” Online vs. print What to include on your calendar
3. CALENDARING VS. SCHEDULINGCalendaring tools allow you to manage your own calendar.Scheduling tools allow others to request appointments with you.What calendaring/scheduling tools do you currently use?
4. CALENDARING TOOLSGoogle Calendar • Free • Mobile • Integration with other tools • Ability to share your calendar • Access to Google Labs • Access to Google Tasks • Learn more on the Official Gmail Blog
5. CALENDARING TOOLSCozi• One example of a shared calendar systemAdditional ideas:• 65+ Online Calendars and Calendar Tools (from Mashable.com)
6. SCHEDULING TOOLS Doodle : find the best time for a large group of people to meet Tungle.me: allow others to see when you’re free and schedule appointments with you Google Calendar : others can send you invitations for meetings; you can use appointment slots
7. BEST PRACTICES, REVISITEDFinal tips:  Weekly review  Blocking off quiet time for ongoing projectsWhat’s one thing you plan to try after participating in this workshop?