SlideShare for iOS
by Linkedin Corporation
FREE - On the App Store
Presented by Bill Dempster and Gerry Jeffcott of 360 Public Affairs. ...
Presented by Bill Dempster and Gerry Jeffcott of 360 Public Affairs.
The presentation covers the following topics:
- An overview of Canada’s health technology assessment (HTA) system, including the national and provincial processes, which evaluate individual medications or therapeutic classes to inform funding decisions by governments and private payers
- How these systems have evolved to date to include patients’ experiences
- Attendees will also explore, together, how the HTA system could be improved to become more patient-centered in order to better meet the needs, expectations and values of patients, looking at a number of key questions, including:
- How and at what stage should patients be involved in HTA processes?
- What are the criteria for successful involvement of patients in HTA processes?
- How should patients’ perspectives be evaluated and factored into the formulary recommendations and, ultimately, coverage decisions?
- What are some of the current obstacles/barriers for successful patient involvement and what are the strategies/approaches to address them?