2. Solo or Together?• Lone Ranger• Individualistic• Seldom seek consensus• Like to make unilateral decision
3. • Acts 18:1-4 1 After this, Paul left Athens and went to Corinth. 2 There he met a Jew named Aquila, a native of Pontus, who had recently come from Italy with his wife Priscilla, because Claudius had ordered all the Jews to leave Rome. Paul went to see them, 3 and because he was a tentmaker as they were, he stayed and worked with them.
4. Acts 18:18-1918 Paul stayed on in Corinth for sometime. Then he left the brothers andsailed for Syria, accompanied byPriscilla and Aquila. Before he sailed,he had his hair cut off at Cenchreabecause of a vow he had taken. 19They arrived at Ephesus, where Paulleft Priscilla and Aquila. He himselfwent into the synagogue and reasonedwith the Jews.
5. • Acts 18:24-26• 24 Meanwhile a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was a learned man, with a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures. 25 He had been instructed in the way of the Lord, and he spoke with great fervor and taught about Jesus accurately, though he knew only the baptism of John. 26 He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately.
6. • Rom 16:1-5• 16 I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church in Cenchrea. 2 I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been a great help to many people, including me. 3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus. 4 They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them. 5 Greet also the church that meets at their house
7. 1 Cor 16:19-20• 19 The churches in the province of Asia send you greetings. Aquila and Priscilla greet you warmly in the Lord, and so does the church that meets at their house. 20 All the brothers here send you greetings. Greet one another with a holy kiss.2 Tim 4:19• 19 Greet Priscilla and Aquila and the household of Onesiphorus.
8. Solo or Together?• If you want to go fast, travel alone but if you want to go far, travel together
9. Solo or Together?• Teamwork Multiplies Your Talent• TALENT + TEAMWORK = A TALENT-PLUS PERSON• “One number is too small to achieve greatness”.
10. Solo or Together?
11. Solo or Together?• Eccl 4:9-12• 9 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:• 10 If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
12. Solo or Together?• 11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?• 12 Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
13. Solo or Together? Peanuts
14. Lesson #1 – In Christian ministry, it is important to have a support system.• Paul and Apollos needed the support of Aquila and Priscilla• Spiritually (prayer)• Practical support• Koinoonía
15. Solo or Together?The source of support• Family – Husband and wife
16. Solo or Together?
17. Solo or Together?The source of support• Parents and Child
18. Solo or Together?The source of support• Support from leadership• Investing in High Performance and the Vertical Couple
19. Solo or Together?• People quit people, not companies
20. Solo or Together?• The source of support• Fellow-workers or Christians
21. Lesson #2 - Role of women
22. • Gal 3:26-29• 26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abrahams seed, and heirs according to the promise.
23. Lesson #3 –Aquila and Priscilla as role models• Generous• Sharing of their possessions – home• Sharing of their lives – risking their lives.