• With superior picture and audio performance DVD has spurred growth in home theater exponentially in recent years. Entire rooms in many homes are now reserved just for the enjoyment of home theater. However, along with DVDs worldwide success, comes its dirty little secret: region coding (also referred to as region lock). I met many internet questions about removing region code from DVD:• Q1: How can I remove the region code from a copied DVD? I got a copy of "Tears of the Sun" and its region code 1, I tried using shrink to remove the code but it doesn’t seem to like the copy, it has problems loading the film. Is there another package that I can use to remove the region code? Q2: Hi, this is a pretty basic question and I feel kind of stupid asking it since Ive been backing up DVDs for a while now. But I have a DVD that is Region 3 and I would like to back it up but have it be region-free. How would I go about doing this? Does DVD Decrypter automatically make it region-free when it rips it to your hard drive? I plan on using CCE/DVD-RB to get it to fit on a DVD-5 it that matters at all. Please let me know, thanks!
• How to strip/remove region code from DVD, make DVD Region free• As Many DVD comes with region code to protect dvd content from playing in any other device or DVD drive as well as copy protection. so if you want to making the DVD region free, watch and copy multi region-coded DVD on any DVD player and any DVD player software, back up protected DVD to computer and convert DVD Movie to play on iPad, iPod, iPhone 4, et portable players, you have to remove DVD region code.• Here we have one great software Leawo DVD Ripping software which can remove region code from any DVD. Not just remove DVD region code and copy DVD to computer with 1:1 lossless quality, Leawo DVD ripper is also capable of converting DVD Movie to other Video auido format to play on portable players like iPad, iPod, iPhone 4, Zune HD, PSP go, Blackberry, etc.
• Features of Leawo DVD ripper• - Remove DVD Region code to play multi region DVD on DVD Drive and your computer:• Insert your DVD disc into your DVD-Rom (Ensure that you have sufficient space on hard drive to store the DVD). here you may worry about your DVD Drive cant read the DVD Disc because of the incompatibility of region code, yeah, normally, DVD drive in region 1 cant read and play DVDs that purchased from the UK(region 2)or other areas, but with Leawo DVD ripper, anything will become simple, it will automatically bypass the DVD Drive, you can play DVD with DVD Player software on your computer without restriction.
• - Copy DVD to computer with 1:1 lossless quality• Leawo DVD ripper also can backup DVD Movie on computer in VOB files with 1:1 lossless quality.• Click Load DVD button to add the DVD file. You can also click Load File to add DVD/IFO from your hard disk.• From the format list to select DVD-Video format (*.vob) to copy DVD to computer in 1:1 lossless quality.• Click Start button to began• After you copy DVD Movie to computer, you can also use DVD burner software like Nero to burn VOB files to DVD to play it on other DVD Players.• Learn more info about copying dvd to compute ...
• - Convert DVD Movie to any other Video Audio files• Leawo DVD ripper can rip DVD to almost all video and audio formats, such as convert DVD to AVI, rip DVD to MPEG, WMV, MP4, H.264/AVC, RM, FLV, MOV, M4V, XviD, 3GP, ASF, MP3, WMA, WAV, RA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, etc. so you can play DVD Movie on iPad, iPod, iPhone, Zune, PSP, Apple TV, xBox, Archos, PDA, Creative Zen, Blackberry and Mobile Phone.•
• P.S. DVD Region Code Designations• The DVD world is divided into six major geographical regions, with two additional regions reserved for specialized use.• To keep it simple, this means that DVD players and DVDs are labeled for operation on within a specific geographical region in the world. For example, the U.S. is in region 1. This means that all DVD players sold in the U.S. are made to region 1 specifications. As a result, region 1 players can only play region 1 discs. Thats right, the DVDs themselves are encoded for a specific region. On the back of each DVD package, you will a find a region number (1 thru 6).
• The geographical regions are as follows:• REGION 1 -- USA, Canada REGION 2 -- Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland REGION 3 -- S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia REGION 4 -- Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico) REGION 5 -- Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa REGION 6 -- China REGION 7 -- Reserved for Unspecified Special Use REGION 8 -- Reserved for Cruise Ships, Airlines, etc... REGION 0 or REGION ALL -- Discs are uncoded and can be played Worldwide, however, PAL discs must be played in a PAL-compatible unit and NTSC discs must be played in an NTSC-compatible unit.