How to Make the Most Out of
Google Local Search
On Site Optimization
• Optimize your site before working on external
• Add your city to the following areas:
– Page title
– Meta Description
– Homepage elements - H1/H2, bolded keywords
• Add Name, Address, Phone Number (NAP) to
every page on your site
Asking for reviews, Do’s and Don’ts
• DO ask for reviews soon after you’ve finished a
call with a satisfied customer.
• DO follow up with a gentle email reminder.
• DO add a button on your website that links
directly to your Google+ page for ease of use.
• DO make asking for reviews part of your process.
• DO add a link to your email signature.
• DON’T set up a review kiosk.
Partner & Trusted Professionals Page
• Allows you to develop long term relationships with local
• Uses photos, well laid out design, lead generation
forms, dedicated pages, contains detailed information and is
easy to set up.
Maximize your Local Efforts
Reviews on local listings and social media
Run a contest
Local sporting events
Local / Holiday events
Google Local Insights
• Look at Google Analytics to see where
visitors are coming from and how they
landed on your website.
• Utilize Facebook insights to make sure
you are targeting the correct audience.
Thanks for attending our Google
Have questions about Google Local?
Give ITC a call at 1-800-383-3482 or visit our
blog at www.GetITC.com/blog/marketing.