Job offer negotiation begins with the very first request for an introduction or an exploratory meeting. So how can you conduct yourself at each stage of the interviewing and negotiation process to maximize your remuneration? What are the common pitfalls and how can you avoid them?
- What "pre-negotiation" discussions to avoid that could prevent or reduce your offer.
- Techniques to avoid disclosing past compensation.
- How your gender, familial background, work history and employment status may be influencing you.
- Methods to determine your market value.
- How to prepare for and practice negotiating
And much more.
Sarah Stamboulie, Ivy Exec's Senior Career Coach, formerly led Alumni Career Services at Columbia Business School and headed HR departments at Morgan Stanley, Cantor Fitzgerald, and Nortel.