2. WHAT IS MORPHOLOGY? It is the study of the structue of words, the study of morphemes as the different forms, and word formation
3. MORPHEMES Morphemes are the minimal unit of world building in a language; they cannot be broken down any further into recognizable or meaningful parts.
4. FUNCTION NATURE POSITION DERIVATIONAL INFLECTIONAL FREE BOUND AFFIXES SUFFIXES PREFIXES MORPHEMES
5. FREE BOUND ALONE AFFIXES DERIVATIONAL INFLECTIONAL Cannot stand they are can stand are or CHANGE BASE often CATEGORY never can be the of the MORPHEMES
6. MORPHOLOGICAL ANALYSIS INFLECTIONAL MORPHOLOGY: it deals with the differences between the shapes of the inflectional forms of variable lexemes. DERIVATIONAL MORPHOLOGY: it is the study of how affixes combines with stems to derive new words .