On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Young professionalsforum.cz creative coffee club - agenda and minutes - jun 29thPresentation Transcript
Moderated by Ivan Vlasyuk,
Agenda: CCC meeting 29th June, Tuesday, 19-20:30.
1.Coffee tasting – Starbuck's staff - 5 min - fun & informative
2.Round table introductions - Ivan - 10min - team formed
3.Open table discussion - team - 40min - knowledge formed
4.Generating questions for Leaders' Dialogue <www.leadersmagazine.cz/leaders> - 5
-Mr. Ivan Pilný - President – Tuesday Business Network, Prague
-H.E. Mr. Ole Emil Moesby - Ambassador – Kingdom of Denmark Embassy, Prague
-H.E. Mr. Jens EIKAAS - Ambassador – Kingdom of Norway Embassy, Prague
Starbucks coffee tastes presented by Lucie:
● Columbiua Narinjo Suprima
● Starbucks classics since 1990. arabica – best quality, with caramel taste.
Tue, 29 Jun, 2010 Prague, Czech Republic 2
Minutes taken, slide 1
● When inviting large groups of people by email – up to 700 expect that only 30-50
could actually show up
– Response rate could be as low as 10%
● To increase participation can consider to offer free food & drinks
● The visual graphics of the invite – will effect response rate.
● Wine tasting was very well received event to capture Prime segment auditorium in
Prime Bank in Russia.
– Membership drive – “member get member”
– Offered South African Wine
– Invited people by post invitations sent 3 months in advance (premium quality
– Requested current client of the bank to attend and invite one non client
Tue, 29 Jun, 2010 Prague, Czech Republic 3
Minutes taken, slide 2
● More serious (corporate/social) events are good to start organizing 3 months in
– Send invites 2 months prior event
● Events such as fashion shows could be organized within 3-2 weeks in advance
● Event could include ballet, opera,
– The budget of such event could be starting from 10K USD.
– The reason why people are coming – they are looking for connections –
● Business can be – managing ballet and opera performers
– Many pop starts have managers yet most classic starts don'
Tue, 29 Jun, 2010 Prague, Czech Republic 4
Minutes taken, slide 3
● Important things to know for organization:
– What is the date of event?
– Location, location, location
– What is expected outcome – expected auditorium
– How much money needed for the organization
● Charity event's does not mean the sub-suppliers will provide their services for free
– Stage, lights – all costs money.
● Can barter, yet on average barter would only be 20-30% of the budget
● For fund-raising can target NGO and Corporations
– Vodafone, O2, Ceska Spritelna – have their own NGOs yet they only interested
in large scale events – likely millions of CZK
● For found raising make Offer Package with numbers – what is your expected
outcome – how many people will participate, see your print materials, visit website
Tue, 29 Jun, 2010 Prague, Czech Republic 5
Minutes taken, slide 4
● Can use unpaid volunteers to organize event
● Some organization able to self-sustain from donors money for events or inkind
● If negotiating and getting general sponsorship from the Publishing then can offer this
page space to the corporation and get barter deals, for example flight tickets from Air
Tue, 29 Jun, 2010 Prague, Czech Republic 6
Minutes taken, slide 5
● Questions for Leaders magazine program Leader's Dialogue:
– Jana Friedrichova – HUB Angel - firstname.lastname@example.org to Ivan Polny
● How many years it takes to put working team, that is able to organize 60 events a year?
– Mark Grein – Director, Dynamo films - email@example.com to Ivan Polny
● If you are organizing events every second Tuesday – how do you keep it interesting?
– Jana Friedrichova – HUB Angel - firstname.lastname@example.org to H.E. Mr. Ole Emil Moesby -
Ambassador – Kingdom of Denmark Embassy, Prague and H.E. Mr. Jens EIKAAS -
Ambassador – Kingdom of Norway Embassy, Prague
● What kind events does your Embassy willing to support? What are criteria?
– Ismayil Khayredinov - Conference Director at Civic Concepts International"
<email@example.com> to H.E. Mr. Ole Emil Moesby - Ambassador – Kingdom of Denmark
Embassy, Prague and H.E. Mr. Jens EIKAAS - Ambassador – Kingdom of Norway Embassy,
● Which events you may support financially? And which events by in-kind contributions?
– Oleg Evdokimov - Partner, ATEO to H.E. Mr. Ole Emil Moesby - Ambassador – Kingdom of
Denmark Embassy, Prague and H.E. Mr. Jens EIKAAS - Ambassador – Kingdom of Norway
● Do you may be interested in supporting chess event to bring World Chess Federation
leaders – Anatoliy Karpov and/or Gary Kasparov to Prague?
Tue, 29 Jun, 2010 Prague, Czech Republic 7
Name: Young Professionals Forum
Category: Organizations - Community Organizations
Description: The Young Professionals Forum is devoted to providing young
professionals with the skills, contacts, and opportunities to help them succeed and
become active members of the business community.
Privacy Type:Open: All content is public
Tue, 29 Jun, 2010 Prague, Czech Republic 8