Young Professionals Forum.Cz Creative Coffee Club Agenda And Minutes - Oct 19th 2010
Moderated by Ivan Vlasyuk,
Tue, 19 Oct, 2010 Prague, Czech Republic 2
Agenda: CCC meeting 19th October, Tuesday, 19-20:30
1.Coffee tasting – Starbuck's staff - 10 min - fun & informative
2.Round table introductions - Ivan - 10min - team formed
3.Cristina - presentation and Q&A - 20min
4.Open table discussion - team - 45min - knowledge formed
5.Closing - Ivan - 5min
Topics to be discussed:
1.How to capture media attention to your project/business?
-how to invite journalists to your event?
-how to motivate journalist to write something about your event?
2.Does investing time in writing a press release pays back?
3.If online media are as powerful as print ones?
● Starbucks coffee taste presented: Dike Place Roast
A taste of the Czech media market
• Small market
• Less dynamic than other markets in the region:
• Conservative: no success for hard tabloids
• Consolidated: a few major players in
newspapers, magazines, radio and TV
• Ownership concentration
• Little room for major media maneuvers
What do journalists need?
A timely, attractive & exclusive story!
What do journalists need?
• To know that you exist
– face-to-face talk, media briefings, PR activities
• You = SOURCE
• You need to:
– understand with whom you’re talking & his / her
– understand the audience
– adapt your message accordingly.
How to capture media attention?
• Clarify your story
• Clarify your message
• Learn to tell your story / message in clear,
concise and visual words
• Be sincere, open & enthusiastic
• Use all means of communication to tell the
world you exist. Media calls will come
Do your homework
• Company story & message
• Company presentation: media kit
• Understand the audience
• Be punctual
• Listen, listen, listen
• Answer to the point
• Clarify if you understand the same thing by “off
the record.” If you don’t, don’t use it.
How to invite journalists to your
• If you decide to organize an event, make it worthy
• Timing is essential
– morning newsroom meetings
– late afternoon deadlines
• Personal contacts & connections = Trust works
How to motivate journalists to write
something about your event?
• Be available
• Build Trust
• If nothing is reported,
don’t take it personally.
Does investing time in writing a
press release pays back?
• Press releases are dying
– No exclusivity
– Long, ineffective
– Written by people with no media experience
• If you must write a press release:
– Make it attractive
– Make it worthy as background
– Offer contacts for later talk
How to use new media?
• Have an up-to-date website
• Dare to set up a corporate forum
• Be present & active on social media: LinkedIn,
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter
• Engage people and communicate. It works!
Where Is My Story?
• MediaIntel practical workshop
• Time: this Friday morning:
8.30am – 11.30am
• Goal: to identify what a story
is from a journalist’s perspective
and show you how to create
your own media-attractive story
Enjoy your media experience!
• More media advice at
• Please write me an
call me at
00420 776 574 925
Tue, 19 Oct, 2010 Prague, Czech Republic 23
Name: Young Professionals Forum
Category: Organizations - Community Organizations
Description: The Young Professionals Forum is devoted to providing young
professionals with the skills, contacts, and opportunities to help them succeed and
become active members of the business community.
Privacy Type:Open: All content is public