The community for schools in Europe
Free and safe project platform
European network for teachers
What is eTwinning?
• eTwinning has been integrated in Erasmus+,
the European programme for Education,
Training, Youth and Sport, since 2014
• Its Central Support Service is operated
by European Schoolnet – CSS in Brussels
• eTwinning is supported at national level by 33
National support services.
• The main meeting point and workspace.
• Available in twenty-five languages.
• Portal provides online tools for teachers to
find partners, set up projects, share ideas,
exchange best practice and start working.
• Three levels:
Basic information – www.etwinning.net
Space for teachers – Desktop
Space for cooperation- TwinSpace
What is TwinSpace ?
• A private online workspace for eTwinning projects.
• A platform that schools can use to work together on
• A virtual classroom.
• A collaborative tool.
• TwinSpase is multilingual, safe and project oriented.
It is automatically created for all projects.
• One project – one TwinSpace.
• TwinSpaces can be published.
• Calendar – You can plan activities.
• Mailbox - an internal messaging system for
pupils as well as teachers in the project.
• Staffroom - space only for teachers.
• Pupils corner - space for pupils comunication.
• Chat - You can discuss safely online.
• Project activities.
TwinSpace offers a number of tools
for collaboration and communication:
Pages for storing, sharing, cooperating.
You can create as many activities pages as you wish.
In each of them you can have a number of aplications:
• Forum - a message board
• Activity blog- space, journal or diary.
• Wiki - An online and great tool for pupils working on
a collaborative text, project, etc.
• Image gallery.
• File archive – sharing of documents.
• Web content – embed aplications, HTML etc.