1. What to expect at Random Hacks of Kindness weekend? Zürich, Switzerland December 3 – 4 , 2011
2. RHoK Zürich teamWe are a small team of volunteers that is trying to organize great weekend during which we will together brain and hack on humanitarian problems, crisis management, educaJon problemaJc and other areas that might be of your interest. RHoK Zürich is only one of worldwide global RHoK #4 event and we will try to enable and support collaboraJon with other locaJons as well. We are helped by sponsors to provide faciliJes to make this weekend great, but our biggest sponsor are you that join this event and dedicate your Jme for sharing posiJve impact globally. In fact, this is your event. Join us and make the world change the way you see it bePer.
3. Register to RHoKBefore all, register yourself for the event so we know you are coming. Go to hPp://www.rhok.org/event/zurich-‐switzerland and register through the EventBrite form This way we can plan bePer for organizaJon of the event. If you registered and can’t aPend please send us an email on: email@example.com so we can give your spot to someone else. Register your RHoK account A[er that, register your account on the www.rhok.org website so you can join the problems you solve and stay in contact with rest of the community.
4. Stay up to date with RHoKWe share informaJon about future event through various channels. We are happy to be in contact with you, hear your ideas or help answering quesJons you have. Oﬃcial event page: hPp://www.rhok.org/event/zurich-‐switzerland TwiPer account: @rhokch Global oﬃcial website: www.rhok.org RHoK global twiPer account: @randomhacks Organizers twiPer accounts: Frank -‐ @thesuperlogical Ivan -‐ @ivanjovanovic
5. Find a problem that ﬁts your curiosityRHoK is about relaJon between experts volunteers who like to solve emerging problems of humanity and people and organizaJons that are dealing with these problems every day. On www.rhok.org/problems you can ﬁnd a lot of already exisJng problems deﬁned by people and organizaJons worldwide. During RHoK Zürich, we will try to focus on some of the problems. We will present group of selected problems before the event. One of the main criteria will be if someone who can personally stand for the problem will be on site during the weekend. You can choose your problem from the list or bring new idea to the table.
6. Tell us more about yourselfTell us more about you by ﬁlling this simple quesJonnaire: hPps://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVPT0N2bFBsSUtkSGZSRElBa1hDOEE6MQ
7. How does it workSaturday morning we will gather to know each other bePer by the coﬀee. We’ll go through the list of interesJng problems and form groups based on interest. We’ll all together hack and have fun whole weekend. At the end of event groups will give presentaJons on what they did. Jury will vote and deﬁne winners. Winners will get prizes. We’ll deﬁne more granular event schedule closer to the event date.
8. What we provideDuring the weekend we will provide with the help of our sponsors: LocaJon with infrastructure Food Drinks T-‐shirts
9. What should you bring• Your laptop together with power supply • AddiJonal equipment you personally need • Camera, headphones, webcam • Good spirit, open mind and a big smile
10. Where will RHoK Züich happenThe Hub Zürich Viaduktstrasse 93-‐95 CH-‐8005 Zurich Switzerland
11. Who are the organizers Contact us: Frank Werner-‐Krippendorf hPp://wernerkrippendorf.blogspot.com/ @thesuperlogical Ivan Jovanovic www.ivanjovanovic.com @ivanjovanovic