3. * Based on the 2009 Legatum Institute estimation<br />PROSPERITY INDEX*<br />
4. PROSPERITY INDEX<br />
5. <ul><li>Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Market Trends
6. The Slovenian ICT market is propitious to small, niche players.
7. SMB companies are still at an early stage of ERP and CRM software integration; they locally-developed software is used on a large scale.
8. In 2009 Slovenia’s IT spending reached nearly EUR 734 million.
9. In 2008-2009 Slovenia implemented a number of IT projects, making use of both local and EU funds.
10. Around half of the spending on enterprise application solutions (EAS) in Slovenia is constituted by large enterprises. </li></ul>MARKET TRENDS<br />
11. <ul><li>IT Outsourcing Market Trends
12. The software market in Slovenia is projected at EUR 165 million in 2010, with a return to low single growth following a sharp deceleration in 2009.
13. Slovenia is a relatively mature software market for the CEE region, and the relative saturation (79%) of the large-enterprise market in terms of basic enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications should encourage vendors to look to other products to maintain growth, or else to focus more on vertical specialization.
14. In 2009, despite the economic downturn, IT services companies continued to benefit from IT projects tendered across various sectors ranging from the public sector to banks, education, retail and financial institutions. In the long term, the IT services market is set to expand as Slovenian organizations upgrade IT systems to gain or maintain competitive advantage following EU accession.</li></ul>MARKET TRENDS<br />