by itsmesrl on Jan 29, 2010
- 974 views
FSter is the first component we (itsme) are releasing to the development community, as an essential part of Guglielmo that might be reused by other projects and applications with similar needs: you ...
FSter is the first component we (itsme) are releasing to the development community, as an essential part of Guglielmo that might be reused by other projects and applications with similar needs: you can get it from here.
FSter is a virtual file system implementation based on Fuse technology and exploiting Tracker metadata technology to allow access to files according to the metadata they’re associated to. Practically, FSter enables scenarios such as the following ones:
* browsing the content of a drive (or simply of a folder) according to a user-defined hierarchy or progression of filters based on metadata;
* associating metadata to files whenever operations are performed on them. For example, copying or saving a file in a specific place means storing it along with a description (metadata);
* generating “virtual” files from metadata, e.g., a vCard file that is not really on the file system, but dynamically built from metadata.
In order for you to be able to install, use, and extend FSter, or to contribute in any other way, we have set up some tools online:
* a wiki where you can find detailed information on the project, descriptions and instructions: http://gitorious.org/itsme/pages/Fster
* a bug reporting system (i.e., Bugzilla) where you can file any problem you find in our software: http://bugs.itsme.it
* a mailing lists system where you can subscribe to discussions and interact with us and other developers: http://lists.itsme.it
* an IRC channel where you will find (most of) the itsme technical staff all day long (well, Italian time mainly – i.e., GMT +1): #itsme-dev on irc.freenode.net
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views