With marketing budgets set to rebound only slightly—if at all—in 2010, leading marketing organizations are not waiting for a return to normal. Instead, they are looking for ways to transform marketing. 2010 will be the year of marketing transformation. Marketing can’t spend another year trying to do more with less. Marketing needs new systems and processes, organizational structures and skills. In this Online Briefing, Dave Munn and Julie Schwartz share data from ITSMA’s 2010 Marketing Budgets & Trends Survey, to give marketers practical insight on how to take advantage of the changes that await in the year ahead. Specifically this briefing explores such issues as:
* What are the current projections for marketing spending and staffing?
* Why marketing must adopt a publishing model and become a content generation engine
* How is social media being integrated into marketing?
* Why must marketing automate and integrate marketing automation systems with the CRM systems to increase sales productivity?
* What new processes, organizational roles, and skills are needed to transform marketing?
* How can companies use marketing analytics to demonstrate the impact of marketing?
* What are leading companies doing to take advantage of this next wave of opportunity and get ahead of competitors?