1. Samantha TerBeestAdult Services LibrarianWillmar Public Library
2. Before we Begin… If you have a Facebook Page orAccount, please sign-in. If you have a Facebook Page, pleaseswitch to using Facebook as that Page.
3. Overview Creating a Facebook Page What to Put on a Page Enhancing with Apps Promoting Your Page
4. Creating a Facebook Page You can create a Facebook Page withouthaving an Account Facebook Recommends that you create a Pagefrom an existing Account
5. Creating From an Account Creating a Page from an ExistingAccount: Log into Facebook Scroll Down to the Bottom & Click “Create aPage” Choose the type of business
6. Creating a Page…
7. Creating a Page, Cont. Choose a Category for you Page Type in the Following: Name of YourPage, Address, Phone # Agree to the Terms Click “Get Started”
8. Creating a Page, Cont.
9. What to Put on a Page… Add a Little Information About YourCompany/Business/Organization Your Address & Phone # have been Added○ Facebook will pin point your location on a map If you have a website, add it If people want to know more it will directthem to your website If you have hours, add them ALWAYS add a disclaimer
10. What to Put on Page, ContThe Library’sDisclaimer
11. More Things to Put on aPage Pictures, Pictures, Pictures Show different events hosted by yourcompany Your Employees hard at work Or things important to your business○ Remodel○ New Store
12. More Things to Put on aPage
13. Other Things to Add Press Releases Videos Company New and Status’ Customer Interaction
14. Enhancing with Apps Blog RSS Feeds RSS – “Really Simple Syndication”○ Some websites have this if they are constantlyupdating news on the company Twitter Updates Connect Your Twitter Account with Facebook○ Only have to update once Create Your Own App $$$
15. Apps In Your Admin Panel, click Manage. Then click “Edit Page.”○ On the left-hand navigation bar, click “Apps.” These are Apps you have on your Facebook Page. You can edit and manage them from here.
16. Have a Twitter Account? Link Your Page to Twitter in a Few EasySteps. In your Admin Panel, Click on “Manage”and selected “Edit Page.” Select “Resources,” under “Connect withPeople” choose “Link Your Page to Twitter.” If you choose to use Facebook as yourPage, you will need to switch over to youraccount. Then choose to link your Page to Twitter. All your updates on Facebook will nowappear on Twitter.
17. Getting Apps If you have an App in mind, it is best to lookfor it in the Search Bar. Pages do not have an App Market just yourprofile does. Try Searching “Fan Page Applications” Then click the First Result On the Fan Page Applications Page, Click“Page Apps.” These are just a few apps you can install onyour page. To install an App, click the “Install” button.
18. Promoting Your Page Several Ways to Promote: Invite Your Facebook Friends Invite Your Email Contacts Create an Ad Put a Facebook “Like” Button on yourWebsite Put the Facebook icon on business card orother PR
19. Inviting People Inviting Email Contacts Click “Build Audience” Select “Invite email contacts…” Choose Your Email Provide & Select “FindFriends”○ All email contacts with correspondingFacebook Accounts will be suggested to likeyour Page
20. Creating an Ad Creating an ad costs $$ You will have to switch the Page over toyour personal account You can choose creating a sponsoredstory or Facebook Ad Sponsored Stories Focus on your Page anda Persons Newsfeed Facebook Ads allow you to create a customad or an ad from a previous post○ Events & Announcements
21. Creating an Ad, Cont. Choose to create a new ad message orcreate one from a previous post Create from a previous post = great foradvertising events If you create from previous post, choose thepost you want for the ad.
22. Creating an Ad, Cont
23. Creating an Ad:Demographics Select Demographics you require
24. Creating an Ad:Scheduling & Pricing Select how much you are willing to spendper day Facebook will not exceed this amount per day Facebook will tell how much you will payper click Example: Budget: $10.00/day Charge/Click: $0.72 Day One: 5 people clicked the ad○ Facebook will charge: $3.60
25. Creating an Ad:Scheduling & Pricing
26. Creating Ad: Place Order Review Ad Place Order Using Credit Card orPaypal
27. The “Like” Button Want People Like Your Page Right FromYour Website? All You Have to Do is: Click “Edit Page” under “Manage” Click “Resources” & choose “Use SocialPlugins” under Connect with People Click the Social Plugin that says “LikeButton” Keep Everything as is and click “Get Code”
28. The “Like” Button, Cont.
29. The “Like” Button, Cont. Give the Code Info to your Webmaster