Do you like animals?
What is your favourite animal?
Where does your favourite animal live?
Is it a pet?
Is it a farm animal? Is it a wild animal?
Does it live in your country?
If you have 5-minute time to be an animal,
which one you would like to be?
-have fur or hair;
- are warmblooded;
-have two legs;
-most fly with
- have six legs
(three pairs) ;
- usually have
-lay their eggs
on or under
Do you know the names of these animals?
Click on the slide to see if you are correct.
Match the pictures with the names of
Put these animals into groups.
on the picture.
1. It’s a very large sea mammal that breathes air through a
hole at the top of its head.
2. It’s an animal which people often ride.
3. It’s a yellow and black flying insect which makes
honey and can sting you.
4. It’s a domestic animal which is farmed for its
wool, meat and milk.
5. It’s a bird which lives on a farm.
6. It’s a large heavy animal with thick brown fur. It usually eats
fruit and honey.
/ g / or / dʒ /
1.Listen and check then say the words.
2.Write in your worksheets these words under
the correct symbol.
penguin hedgehog goat
giraffe tiger frog budgie eagle pigeon
/ dʒ /
In pairs, read the quiz. What do you think?
Which statements are true and which are false?
Write down the true statements.
1. Rabbits are better runners than lions.
2. Ostriches are taller than cows.
3. Sharks can be longer than snakes.
4. Penguins are faster than humans.
5. Sharks are more dangerous than bees.
6. Whales are louder than aeroplanes.
7.Elephants are heavier than whales.
Look at these sentences
and make a rule.
Ostriches are taller than cows.
Sharks can be longer than snakes.
Penguins are faster than humans.
Whales are louder than aeroplanes.
We use/don’t use an article
before plural nouns, when we
refer to them in general
Comparative forms of the adjectives:
• Ostriches are taller than cows.
• Whales are heavier than elephants.
• Wild cats are more dangerous than a
lot of other animals.
Superlative forms of the adjectives:
The fastest animal in the world is cheetah.
The most dangerous snake in the world is the
taipan snake in Australia.
• good – better – the best
• bad – worse – the worst
Click on the picture and complete the crossword.
ОУ “Христо Ботев” с.Садина, общ.Попово
Biggest, smallest, best, worst
Superlatives at the zoo
Underline the best superlative adjective.
• a) The giraffe is /the longest / the tallest / the smallest /
animal in the zoo. It’s 5.5metres.
• b) Mr Collins is / the youngest / the tallest / the smartest /
man who works in the zoo.Mr Collins is 1.9 metres.
• c) The elephant is / the heaviest / the youngest / the lightest /
animal in the zoo. It’s 5 tonnes.
• d) The lion house is / the oldest / the widest / the smallest /
building in the zoo. It was built in 1927.
• e) The python is | the tallest / the
longest / the fastest / snake in the zoo.
It’s 6 metres.
• f) The ostrich has / the fastest | the
largest / the smallest / eggs in the zoo.
They weigh 1.6 kg.
• g) The Shetland pony is / the tallest /
the richest / the smallest / horse in the
zoo. It’s 42 centimetres high.
• h) The Shire horse is | the strongest | the
heaviest | the longest | horse in the zoo. It
can pull 50 tonnes.
• i) Mrs Yates is | the deepest | the newest |
the oldest | woman who works at the zoo.
She had her 68th birthday last year.
• j) Bruno, the baby lion is | the sharpest | the
highest | the youngest | animal in the zoo.
Bruno is two days old.
1. Energy for Bulgaria, Students’ Book for the 6th grade,
p.118, Memory Gym 1- ex.1
2. Energy for Bulgaria, Workbook for the 6th grade,
p.35 - ex.1a or 1b
p.35 – ex. 2a
• Design a zoo
Click on the picture
• What is the correct comparative form of
Created by : Iskra Gancheva Petkova
Energy for Bulgaria, Students’ Book for
the 6th grade
Energy for Bulgaria, Teacher’s Book for
the 6th grade
Energy for Bulgaria, Workbook for the 6th
• Multimedia Encyclopedia Encarta