Midterm 2 Review
SS 9 – January 2014
Period C – Thursday, Jan 23 (1-3 PM)
Period B – Friday, Jan 24 (9-11 AM)
Period D – Friday, Jan 24 (1-3 PM)
• Identify and understand the different
geographical regions of North
• Understand how land-forms are
• Understand the effects of the Ice Age
in creating the different regions of
Understand the terms of anthropology.
Describe the history and lifestyle of the 5
different Native culture groups.
Identify the patterns of subsistence,
shelter, and transportation of each group.
Identity the important natural resources of
Describe the social organization of each
Explain the difference between myth and
• Identify important events in the early
stages of European exploration and
the colonization of Canada.
• Explain the meaning of colonialism
• Evaluate the relationship between
the Native peoples and the colonists.
• Outline the role of the fur trade in
• Describe the function and duties of the
• Identify factors that created conflicts in
the fur trade.
• Describe the economics of the fur trade.
• Evaluate the importance of rivers and
other geographic elements to the spread
and success of the Canadian fur trade.
• Analyse the causes of the American
• Evaluate the contributions of the Loyalists
to the development of Canada.
• Outline the history of the events that
constitute the American War of
• Evaluate the role of women in pioneer life.
• Describe major events in the War of 1812.