INTRODUCTION MR V. C. BURMAN - CHAIRMAN OF DIL MR SUNIL DUGGAL - CEO OF THE COMPANY. DABUR INDIA LIMITED IS INDIAS LEADING FMCGCOMPANY. DABUR IS CURRENTLY THE 4TH LARGEST INDIANCONSUMER GOODS MANUFACTURING COMPANY (FMCG).
LEADING CONSUMER GOODS COMPANY ININDIA WITH A TURNOVER OF Rs. 5,283 CRORE. PRODUCTS OF DABUR ARE MARKETED INMORE THAN 50 COUNTRIES WORLDWIDE. DABUR CHYAWANPRASH AND HAJMOLA BOTHGIVES REVENUE OF RS.100 CRORES EACH.
DABUR CHYAWANPRASH IS THE LEADER WITH65% SHARE.DABUR’S DIGESTIVES CATEGORY COMMANDS90% OF THE HERBAL DIGESTIVES MARKET.HAJMOLA ITSELF IS A MARKET LEADER WITH75% MARKET SHARE.
HISTORY1884 BIRTH OF DABUR1896 SET UP A MANUFACTURING PLANTEARLY 1900S AYURVEDIC MEDICINES1919 ESTABLISHMENT OF RESEARCH LABORATORIES1920 EXPANDS FURTHER1936 DABUR INDIA PVT. LTD.
1972 SHIFTS TO DELHI1979 DABUR RESEARCH FOUNDATION1986 PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY1992 JOINT VENTURE WITH AGROLIMEN OF SPAIN1994 PUBLIC ISSUES1995 JOINT VENTURES
1996 3 SEPARATE DIVISIONS1997 FOOD DIVISION1998 PROFESSIONALS TO MANAGE THE COMPANY2000 TURNOVER OF RS. 1,000 CRORES2003 DABUR DEMERGES PHARMA BUSINESS
2005 DABUR ACQUIRES BALSARA2005 DABUR ANNOUNCES BONUS AFTER 12 YEARS2007 CELEBRATING 10 YEARS OF REAL2007 FORAY INTO ORGANISED RETAIL2007 DABUR FOODS MERGED WITH DABUR INDIA
2008 Acquires Fem Care Pharma2009 Dabur Red Toothpaste joins Billion Rupee Brands club2010 Dabur makes its first overseas acquisition2010 Dabur acquired 100% equity in Namaste Lab2010 Dabur Chyawanprash Launched Orange & Mango Flavours
2010 Dabur Amla Hair Oils enters Limca Book of Records2011 Dabur enters professional skin care market2011 Dabur launches its first-ever online shopping portal2011 Dabur India acquires 30-Plus from Ajanta Pharma2011 Dabur to enter Sri Lanka
2012 Dabur crosses Billion-Dollar turnover mark
Customer Care Categories• Hair oil1. Dabur Amla:Largest brand in portfolio2. Vartika:Value added coconut oil3. Anmol Hair Oil: Value proposition
• Shampoo1. Vartika range of shampoos• Oral Care1. Dabur Red: Toothpaste & Toothpowder2. Babool: Targeted at economy segment
• Health Supplements1. Dabur Chyawanprash:Largest selling health supplement in the country2. Dabur Glucose:2nd largest player in the country3. Dabur Honey: Largest branded honey in the country; growing category through replace sugar strategy• Consumer Health-OTC1. Baby Ayurcedic Range: Dabur Lal Tail
• Foods1. Real: Flagship beverages brand2. Real: Range of 100% pure juice• Skin Care1. Gulabani range of rose bassed skin care products: Moisturizer, Face freshener & Rose water2. Uveda: Range of Ayuvedic Skin Care3. Fem Gold Bleach: Launched recently
• Digestives1. Hajmola: Flagship for branded Digestives2. Hajmola tasty digestive candy• Home Care1. Odonil: Air Freshener range: Largest brand in the portfolio2. Odomos: Mosquito repellant skin cream3. Sanifresh: Toilet cleaner
Green Awards• Dabur ranked the No. 2 Indian Green Brand by Green Brands Global Survey. This year’s study reveals that consumer interest in green products has expanded across categories• Dabur ranked as the Top Green company by Greenpeace in its Safe Food Guide version 2.0 that ranks 25 of the most popular food companies which hold a major share of the market in India based on their responsibility towards Indian consumers on the GM food issue• Dabur India Ltd’s Baddi Unit awarded the Silver Certificate for Enhancing Manufacturing & Supply Chain Excellence’ by the Economic Times–India Manufacturing Excellence cell
CSR Activities• For growth to be responsible, it should go beyond numbers. It should do good to the society, create a better world. Thats the kind of growth that Dabur India Ltd. believes in, and constantlystrives for.• Dabur has set its sights on certifying all its operational locations with the Integrated Management system OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 — Occupational Health, Safety and Environment.• Rain water harvesting continues to be a focused activity at Dabur plants.
• Medicinal Plant Project – An initiative by Dabur Nepal Pvt. Ltd. Dabur Nepal has started the project on medicinal plants in Nepal to provide the modern technology for cultivation of the requiredmedicinal herbs of Himalayas to the farmers.• Sustainable Development Society (SUNDESH) is sworn to the mission of ensuring overall socio-economic development of the rural & urban poor on a sustainable basis, through different participatory and need-based initiatives.
The highlights of the Company’sperformance in fiscal 2011-12 on aconsolidated basis are:• Consolidated Sales increased to Rs. 5,283.2 crores in fiscal 2011- 12 from Rs 4,077.4 crores in fiscal 2010-11, registering a growth of 29.6%• Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) increased to Rs. 947.6 crores in 2011-12, from Rs. 833.4 crores in fiscal 2010-11, registering growth of 13.7%• Consolidated profits after tax (PAT) went up to Rs. 644.9 crores in fiscal 2011-12 from Rs. 568.6 crores, going up by 13.4%.
Facts:-• 2.5 crore Hajmola tablets are consumed daily in India• Dabur Amla is the largest hair oil brand in India with 35 million consumers• One in every three fairness bleach consumers uses Fem• Dabur Chyawanprash is the largest-selling neutraceutical in the country
Overseas Manufacturing :-• Dabur’s overseas manufacturing footprint today spreads across countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, UAE, Nigeria, Egypt and Turkey• The company recently commissioned a new facility in Egypt which has been added to enhance the capacities for manufacturing hair care and skin care products for Egyptian market.
• In 2011-12 Dabur announced its entry into Sri Lanka with the setting up of an overseas subsidiary – Dabur Lanka (Pvt.) Ltd.• The company recently commissioned a new facility in Egypt which has been added to enhance the capacities for manufacturing hair care and skin care products for Egyptian market.
Domestic Manufacturing:-• Dabur today has manufacturing plants in 12 locations, Baddi (Himachal Pradesh), Pantnagar (Uttaranchal), Sahibabad (Uttar Pradesh), Jammu, Silvassa, Nasik, Alwar, Katni, Narendrapur, Pithampur, Newai (Rajasthan) and Siliguri (West Bengal).• During 2011-12 the company added a Honey plant in Baddi to manufacture Chyawanprash, Toothpaste, Glucose and Odonil.