Where is Venice?
• Venice is a district of LA, California (EEUU). It's known for its canals and beaches, but
also for its bohemian residential area and its promenade.
SAFETY IN VENICE
• In the past, gang activity was higher around
Venice Beach and on the off streets than now,
but it still exists.
• People have to take care about homeless
people and pickpockets around the
• Take care and
• Lifeguards are on the
beach during daylight
• Its not common, but
it may be sharks in
• Venice itself is pretty
much small enough to
walk in, especially along
the beach. You can hit
more inland areas of
Venice by car, bike, or on
Metro bus lines.
• Venice Canal Historic District was built in 1905 by
developer Abbot Kinney. He wanted to recreate the
appearance of Venice, Italy
Abbot Kinney Boulevard is the principal
attraction, with stores, restaurants, bars
and art galleries lining the street.
• Venice Beach, which receives
millions of visitors a year, has been
labeled as "a cultural hub known for
its eccentricities" as well as a "global
tourist destination". It includes the
promenade , Muscle Beach, the
handball courts, the paddle/tennis
courts, Skate plaza, the numerous
beach volleyball courts, the bike trail
and the businesses on Ocean Front
• In venice there are no topics
refering to clothes, in fact, its the
place where you can see the
most original, crazy and weird
In Venice, most shops are
placed in Abbot Kinney
Boulevard. most of this
shops sell bohemian items
or things from less known
FOOD & DRINK
Places to eat
• James' Beach is a pleasant and popular
restaurant on weekdays. At weekends the
crowds get bigger and they like to party.
• Abbot's Pizza is cheap and cheerful, and
serves the best pizza in Venice.
Places to drink
• The Other Room is a hip wine bar that
turns into a bit of a meat market for the
younger crowd at the weekends.
• On the Waterfront has a chilled-out vibe
with a little beer garden right on the