• In Spain the music is very important
because it is a part of our culture and
• The types of music in Spain are :
• It’s a very famous type of music in the
south of Spain.
• The “cante” (singing), “toque” (guitar
playing), dance and “palmas”(handclaps)
are the principal aspects of flamenco.
• The typical instruments are : Spanish
guitar , “palillos” (drumstics), “palmas”
(hands) and “cajón” (box)
Rock and Roll
• The instruments are : Electric guitar, drums ,
Bass guitar , keyboard and a singer.
• The most famous groups are : “Extremoduro” ,
“Marea” , “Mago de Oz” and “Fito & Fitipaldis” .
• Fito & Fitipaldis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
• Mago de Oz:
• The instruments are: singer, electric guitar,
bass guitar, acoustic guitar and drums.
• The most famous groups are: “Amaral”, “ El
Canto del loco”, “ La oreja de Van Gogh” and
• Maldita Nerea :
• El Canto del Loco :
• Folk music includes both traditional music
and the genre that evolved from it during
the 20th century called folk revival.
• This music is very typical in Asturias:
“Corquieu” is a very famous group in
• Corquieu : http://www.youtube.com/watch?
• It’s an urban form of music which has its roots in
Latin and Caribbean music. Its sound derives
from the Reggae in Spanish.
• The most famous singers in Spain are: “Juan
Magan” , “Danny Romero” , “Guille el Invencible”
• Juan Magan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
• Danny Romero :
• Salsa music is a general term referring to what
is essentially Cuban popular dance music which
was internationalized outside Cuba.
• The most famous music : “Carlos Baute” and
• Carlos Baute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
• Marc Anthony : http://www.youtube.com/watch?