2. BUSSINES OWNERGeely Automobile ( 吉利 汽车 ), is an automotive brand and the first independent automobile manufacturer in the Popular Republic of China. The parent company is Geely Holding Group ( 吉利 控股 集团 ). In December of 2009 announced that had agreed to acquire Volvo Cars from Ford Motor Company.Geely has a workforce of about 12,000 people. Operates six assembly plants throughout China with a total production capacity of 300,000 vehicles per year. The group also has about 500 dealers and 600 service points throughout the country. Geely officially acquired Swedish automaker Volvo to Fords hands in 2010. Revenues $ 12,442,000,000 (2009)
3. SECTORS• The company is dedicated to Volvo automobile sector but the company produces different types of vehicles and services: - Aeroplanes. - Trucks. - Construction equipment. - Financial Services. - Volvo Penta. - Volvo Buses.
4. CAREER OPPORTUNITIES• Now Volvo is looking at Spain ingeneers for their factories. • http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1231612/0/ • Volvo also offers work in factories and as a driver buses or other vehicles. • Searching in internet we have found that the jobs that Volvo offer numerous and diverses jobs.
5. ENVIRONMENT (I) The latest measure adopted by Volvo Cars on its way to a climate- friendly production in Europe is the continued support for clean energy. Now, for its factories in Sweden and Belgium, the company uses only the hydroelectric power provided by its energy suppliers.
6. ENVIRONMENT (II)• Volvo Cars has over 25 years focusing on alternative energy sources to oil. In 1982 the company carried out the first action in this regard by using residual heat from refineries adjacent to heating mode Another important step in Volvo Cars environmental record is the constant focus on energy saving measures. "Although the heated surface has double d over the years, we succeeded in keeping power consumption constant. In reality we haveto reduce consumption through various projects and campaigns,"says Mihkel Laks”
7. ENVIRONMENT (III) Probably the most important invention for controlling exhaust emissions fro m vehicles developed at Volvo Car Corporation in the early 70s. The three-way catalyst controlled by an oxygen sensor was developed under the leadership of the legendaryenvironmentalist Stephe n Wallman, The system received the approval and in just a few years the auto industry had copied the entire solution. However, it was not until1989 when Sweden passed legislation on emission levels and the oxygen sensor became mandatory.
8. MENS AND WOMENS Today in Sweden. Equality between men and women is probably the most real of Europe, through the efforts of feminists and statecampaigns against t he clash of classes and sexes. Primary education seeks to suppress the conditioning sexist. It is for that reasonthat Volvo (next to IKEA), considered one of the largest companies in Sweden are monitored so that compliance with the Swedish welfare state, a system that guarantees equality in the countrys businesses, so the Swedish government inte nds to set an example for smaller companies.
9. VOLVO’S HISTORY (I)• With a very particular taste for life, for living, protect and enjoy, Volvo Car Corporation has maintained its safe passage into the future. This love of life is reflected in security features to their vehicles and that he has won adherents in all countries where they sell their vehicles. The beginnings His strong personality comes from Swedish its very inception, and one of the Swedish traditions: the feast of crab. It was the 25 July 1924 when Assar Gabrielsson and Gustaf Larson were in a restaurant in Stockholm, the Sturehof. After a couple of hours to enjoy a plate of crab, both car enthusiasts had "cooked" an idea that later became known as Volvo. In keeping with Swedish tradition, the first Volvo car was nicknamed "Jakob", the name comes from July 25 in the Swedish calendar, the date on which Jakob just held his birthday. OV4 was the model. The car had a 2-liter engine developing 28 HP and left the factory on April 14, 1927. In those days it was very common for a Swedish firm entered the market with a convertible, this is reflected in the low demand of "Jakob", which during the few years that it was on sale only managed 300 clients. The image of Volvo safe cars also dates back many years, from the very beginning, when one of the prototypes of "Jakob" (which had not even gone on sale) suffered an accident with an American car on a road between Stockholm and Gothenburg
10. VOLVO’S HISTORY (II)• As a result of that accident, the car suffered significant damage imported, while the "Jakob" only had some scratches. Steps made its international mark was slow, but steady. In 1927 only 24 units were exported, and in 1929 exported more than 3 units. The first country to which exported a Volvo vehicle was Finland, but very soon after its exports also went to Denmark, Cuba, Netherlands, Palestine, Syria, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina. Exports to the United States began in 1955. Selling cars in America was considered a great challenge because of the intense competition that characterizes this market. However, the PV 444 was very successful and thus the United States became the largest market for Volvo cars. Difficult years off What is today Sweden was a tradition to become a U.S. company more. It is well known that in the late 20 (difficult years for Volvo) the automaker Charles Nash was about to close the deal, but the same Assar Gabrielsson and joined the company SKF for the company to remain in Sweden. In the 30s there was a strong inspiration in Volvo by Swedish engineers who were working in the U.S., where they learned the proper design and technology in North America. The PV36 was launched in 1935. This car had a bold and innovative online and incorporates an independent suspension on each wheel. The "Carioca" is now one of the classic Volvo. The PV800 has earned fame and recognition among the 40 taxi drivers, because the interior was spacious and comfortable ideal for their work. It was also used to bring the hospital to women who were about to give birth.
11. VOLVO’S HISTORY (III)• The traditional Volvo design originated with the PV444 model. This was a car that conveyed security, was smaller than their American competitors, but larger and more dynamic than the Europeans. On the other hand, the PV444 was powerful enough to be called "family sport." He also became a favorite of many racers. The success of the PV444 in races and rallies was repeated in the 80s with the Volvo 240 Turbo in Europe, and in the 90s with the Volvo S40 Racing in the UK. In the 50 Italians dictated the rules to be followed in design terms. Aware of the importance of design, Volvo Car Corporation for the first time appointed a chief designer. This was Jan Wilsgaard, who combined with functionality inspired by Italian and Swedish and P120 was born in 1956. At the forefront of security In 1959 Volvo revolutionized the automotive world when it introduced the seat belt 3-point, invented by Nils Bohlin company. So important was that the seat belt is one of the most important innovations that have saved more lives in automotive history, and remains the basis of any modern car safety. Volvo first prize for the safety of their vehicles arrived in 1962. 1966, the 140 was the first Volvo sedan and wagon versions presented. It was followed by 240 and 245, which is considered the "mother of all Volvo trucks."
12. VOLVO’S HISTORY (IV)• These vehicles also meant great advances in active and passive safety and care of pollutant emissions through the introduction of the catalytic converter, to the point of becoming the "cleanest car ever sold in America." The 80s were also very good for Volvo, its bold 760 and 740 designs were quite popular, but the new 700 series was a success, and the numbers ratified later. The capacity of Volvo vehicles was very good thanks to its design "square", while the competition was "cutting corners" of their models. The Volvo 850 was the largest industrial project in the history of the Volvo Car Corporation. He announced the beginning of a new era. Security, reliability, functionality and concern for the environment were known worldwide. To all this he joined a dynamic capability of their vehicles to gradually change the image of Volvo for 90 years. The Volvo 850 has won more awards than any other car in the history of the brand, both for its level of technology and for its safety and design. The 850 sports van was seen in Italy, where good design is a lifestyle, as the "most beautiful in the world." Nowadays Volvo cars are now a clear sign that the beauty, functionality, security, reliability and development can go hand in hand, for all the above are features found in any of the models, the S40, S60 , S80, to the V70, and XC90 Cross Country. All this may be harbinger of a bright future.
13. LOCATION• The Volvo has its headquarters and main location in Gothenburg, Sweden
14. DIRECTORS• The directors of the company Volvo are currently: Li Shufu (Chairman) Stefan Jacoby (CEO) Hans-Olov Olsson (Vice President)
15. FOREIGNERS• The Volvo was bought by Chinese automaker Geely for 1.8 billion dollars. Des then Chinese owners have assumed control of the company semitotal Hans-Olov Olsson conjunction Vice Swedish company.