2. <ul><li>The IRSP were founded on December 10, 1974. Most original members were drawn from Official Sinn Féin and the Official IRA. These members were joined by independent socialists from throughout Ireland to form the new Irish Republican Socialist Movement. James Connolly, Ireland's leading Marxist, who was executed for his role in the Easter Rising of 1916, originally formulated the analysis upon which the movement was founded: that the struggle for national liberation and the fight for socialism in Ireland are inseparable. </li></ul><ul><li>The IRSP has come through 30 years of conflict, it survived all this and now intends to build, grow and develop republican socialism into a vibrant and relevant political force, a political party fit for purpose in the 21 st century. </li></ul><ul><li>Our aim remains the establishment of a democratic and </li></ul><ul><li>socialist Irish republic </li></ul>
3. <ul><li>Irish Republican Socialism - the Future </li></ul><ul><li>The IRSP is an all Ireland political Party. We support the unification of the Irish working class collectively working towards the liberation of our class. </li></ul><ul><li>The IRSP will work with all others in a broad front of the radical, the dispossessed and the exploited. We believe that a broad front can act as a spearhead for revolutionary democratic socialism in Ireland </li></ul><ul><li>The IRSP are an internationalist political party, we recognise that global capitalism can only be defeated by a global socialist international strategy. Whilst workers are exploited and oppressed in any part of the world our class will remain unfree </li></ul>
4. <ul><li>Irish Republican Socialism - the Future </li></ul><ul><li>The IRSP will contest elections where and when we see benefit for the Irish working class. We will do so on the basis of our republican socialist analysis. </li></ul><ul><li>The IRSP recognise that thus far armed struggle has failed to realise on any level the conditions required for the establishment of a socialist republic. We call on all republicans, socialists, trade unions and student activists to join with us in building a revolutionary mass movement to challenge capitalism in Ireland. </li></ul><ul><li>Irish republican socialism would be administered by the working class itself through working class institutions created to encourage the greatest degree of political freedom within a collective responsibility. </li></ul>
5. Irish Republican Socialism - the Future The people of the island of Ireland have spoken clearly as to their wishes. The working classes have borne the brunt of the consequences of the war for the past three decades. They have also suffered repression, social deprivation, unemployment, and poverty. We recognise their desire for a cessation of violence expressed through the referendum and for a peaceful future. The IRSP support an Irish Bill of Rights which will protect freedom of political expression and outlaw all discrimination on the basis of class, political affiliation, gender or sexual orientation.
6. <ul><li>We must understand the Past </li></ul><ul><li>Analyse the Present </li></ul><ul><li>Influence the Future </li></ul>
7. A revolutionary socialist party means that we must engage in revolutionary politics throughout all of Ireland, both on the streets and in the elected chambers
8. <ul><li>Setting Strategic Aims </li></ul><ul><li>To draw out core themes. </li></ul><ul><li>Building methods for Political Expression </li></ul><ul><li>Develop Anti-Poverty Strategies. </li></ul><ul><li>Build Community Engagement within a Socialist political Framework. </li></ul><ul><li>Ensure Social Justice and Economic Wellbeing. </li></ul>
9. <ul><li>For the first time in a long time in a state that was married to capitalism and the celtic tiger, there is an opportunity for the broad left to work collectively to ensure that the socialist working class voice is heard and is effective in garnering radical change. The IRSP can actively engage with independents, the trade unions and other broad left parties that have broadly similar aims and aspirations. It will raise its profile and engage extensively in community activism. </li></ul>
10. <ul><li>There are currently a huge number of real issues that need immediate addressing. </li></ul><ul><li>Opposing cutbacks in local services. </li></ul><ul><li>Resisting water charges, resisting refuse collection charges. </li></ul><ul><li>Shell to Sea. </li></ul><ul><li>Resisting Nama. </li></ul><ul><li>Demanding more social housing. </li></ul><ul><li>Holding structures of governance to account </li></ul><ul><li>We must take the lead. </li></ul>
11. TIME FOR CHANGE MAKING A DIFFERENCE SHAPING LOCAL SERVICE FOR LOCAL PEOPLE.
12. We the people of the Strabane must stand together shoulder to shoulder, whether it's in the workplace, on the streets and most importantly in the Council Chamber. We must elect opposition to these cuts at every opportunity we get. We must ensure that the frontline services in our local areas, the very lifeblood of our communities are protected from the savage slash and burn cuts being directed by the Stormont Executive at the behest of the Millionaire Tory Cabinet. If this administration gets its way the results will be&quot; devastating, with thousands of job losses, in both the private and public sector.
13. <ul><li>The Political process and the Community Sector need to be working hand in hand. For too long and too often this has been disjointed to the detriment of local communities. </li></ul><ul><li>At the minute Locally Elected Representatives are not on the ground to witness what the needs of the people in their communities are. </li></ul><ul><li>Deprivation in Strabane Town is rife. Were it not for the work that is constantly ongoing within the Community Sector, people would be a lot worse off. </li></ul>
14. <ul><li>THE MEANS TO THIS END IS TARGETING: </li></ul><ul><li>Poverty </li></ul><ul><li>Homelessness </li></ul><ul><li>Poor Education </li></ul><ul><li>Health Inequalities </li></ul><ul><li>Social Injustice </li></ul>
15. <ul><li>FROM WITHIN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER WE CAN: </li></ul><ul><li>Target areas most in need with resources and finances awarded to Strabane District Council on the basis of deprivation. </li></ul><ul><li>Communicate information made available to Councillors, out of council and into the public domain </li></ul><ul><li>Continue to work at grass root level as community activists with other community workers & volunteers, fighting cut backs, tackling deprivation & unemployment, lobbying for the provision of an acceptable standard of social housing. </li></ul><ul><li>Assist with the empowerment of local people and communities to rise above the legacy of over 30years of conflict and social isolation. </li></ul>
16. With our Commitment, coupled with your help……we can make inroads and build for the future a ‘capable, tolerant, inclusive and thriving society!! TO DO THIS………….. VOTE GALLAGHER NO. 1