2. It is a Kandla Port Trust’s administrative office<br />
3. Kandla Port Trust<br />It is a place where fertilizers for farm usage are packed to export.<br />It is a berth (data storage), contains the details of the loaded and unloaded vessels<br />KPT has total 12 berths.<br />Crane are loading the vessels<br />Containers are being loaded in Vessel<br />Loaded crane<br />coming to load and unload packets and other material at Vessel<br />Means crane uses to unload the vessel<br />
4. Qualities and Specialties of Kandla Port<br /><ul><li>Highest Revenue taking Port in India
5. Kandla mainly imports and exports the products from the states such as :
6. Jammu and Kashmir
8. Himachal Pradesh
12. Export import at Kandla port <br /><ul><li>25% of Indian economy depends on export </li></ul> import from other nations.<br /><ul><li>19% of the total export import done through Kandla port.
13. 70% of cargos and 75% of crude oil welcomed by this port.
14. 55 types different chemical are stored and processed at the port.</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>India’s12 states are depend on the Kandla port and they exporting and importing by this port only and Kandla port is permitted by 12 states International Permit craft of India. Because of this with compare of last year this year 9% cargo import is increase.
15. Kandla port not face any financial and world recession effect.
16. Here liquid charges Is RS.12 per K.G and dry charges is RS.36.80 Which are too lower than other port because in Other ports these chares are RS. 35 and RS. 100 Respectively.</li></li></ul><li>After the partition of Karachi Kandla growth is 3200% done.<br /><ul><li>Government of India also provide 5800 carore In India’s 11th yearplan. </li></li></ul><li>Kandla coping with wheat, fertiliser imports<br /><ul><li> Kandla Port Trust are constantly monitoring the discharge, loading and evacuation of imported wheat and fertilisers The port handled 2.22 lakh tonnes of fertilisers (15 vessels) and 4.73 lakh tonnes of food (10 vessels).
17. The authorities expect 10 more wheat vessels and 21 more fertiliser vessels will arrive by December end.
18. causing an increase in the ground stock. Right now, the port is holding a stock of about two lakh tonnes of wheat and another 1.4 lakh tonnes of fertilisers.
19. In addition to wheat and fertilisers, the port also handles salt, which too an essential item, and priority has to be accorded to allotting rakes for its transportation. </li></ul>HANDLING problems at Kandla port <br />
20. VESSEL - Every kind of water and air craft or other contrivance used or capable of being used as a means of transportation on water, or on water and in the air, as well as any ship, boat, or other water craft or any structure capable of floating on the water. <br />MEANING OF VESSEL<br />Engine room arrangement<br />Double bottom engine room<br />
21. <ul><li>Kandla Port is having international security for protection.
22. They have 500 “SAINIK” unit.
23. Air defense regiment, life defense regiment and court guard.
24. They also do satellite monitoring.
25. There are now planning a new system known as “PECULAR MANAGEMENT TRAFFIC SYSTEM” from next year.</li></li></ul><li>gets ISO-9001-2001 award <br />KANDLA<br />Kandla ports has been awarded “Management Efficiency “ISO-9001-2001Award by the INTERNATIONAL STANDERD ORGANISATION.<br />
26. Futur Plan Of KANDLA PORT<br /><ul><li>Kandla is all set to be a global Hub in near future.
27. Ports is expected warehouse Hub cross 100 Million tones mark by 2012. also port is expected in India.</li></ul>In private Sector-<br />Car handling facilities.<br />One additional Product oil jetty at Vadinar.<br />Ultra Mega power Projects.<br />A railway siding is also proposed to be extend to new developed 66hactare land.<br />Service from Kandla<br />
28. Kandla Port Trust<br />The timbers are supplied only by Kandla port in India.<br />Kandla port trust will construct 600 meter long complax <br />At present Kandla port trust preserve L.P.G and thinking for C.N.G in future.<br />The main refinery of country such as Panipat, Koyli, Essar (Vadinar), Kandla port trust supply crude oil this refinery.<br />Kandla port trust established railway line from its own pocket expenses from Palanpur to Samkhiyali.<br />
29. In India Kutch is only district which has two ports.<br />In present Kandla Port Trust has 4500 worker.<br />Kandla port has their own disaster management system. <br />Kandla port plan to set up 6000 hectors S.E.Z (special economic zone) specially for marine industry. And its 25% supplying in India.<br />
30. <ul><li>Kandla port plays a major role in the country's international trade. Having notched up a string of success, it has emerged as a forerunner, and has carved a niche for itself, by its steady growth and economy of operations.
31. Kandla port is situated in the the Kandla Creek and is 90 kms. from the mouth of the Gulf Of Kachch. It is a protected natural harbour.
32. Kandla is a self sufficient, self enhancing Port. It is also among the highest revenue earning Port of India. The Port is the nearest, most economical and most convenient for handling imports and exports of the highly productive granary and industrial belt stretching across Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Himachal Pardesh, Haryana, Rajasthan and Gujarat.</li></li></ul><li>
33. <ul><li>Kandla port have 10 berths, 6 oil jetties, 1 maintenance jetty, 1 dry dock and small jetties for small vessels, which can accommodate from large to small vessels. Near all these terminals and jetties there are storage facilities for cargo from containers to petroleum.
34. The port is equipped to store and handle bulk quantities of iron ore, coal, containers, fertilizers, oil, granites and general cargo items.</li></li></ul><li>The area around Kandla accounts for about 15% of the total edible salt <br />production in the country <br />Introduction<br />India is the third largest salt producing country in the world (after the US and China) with an average annual production of about 148 lakh tones. <br />The salt manufacturing activities provide direct employment to about one-lakh presons per day <br />The total area under salt production is about 5.0 lakhs acres. <br />.<br />
35. Distribution of Salt<br />Railways play an important role in transporting salt from three surplus states to the entire length and breadth of the country.<br />Export<br />Export of common salt and iodised salt is permitted under Open General License (OGL) Salt is exported manly to Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, and Bhutan etc.<br />