2. -Country of origian: Italy and Switzerland -Nickname: Saint -The St. Bernard is a breed of very large working dogSt. Bernard: from the Italian and Swiss Alpe, originally bred for rescue. The breed has become famous through tales of alpine rescues, as well as for its large size. -The St. Bernard is a large dog. The average weight of the breed Is between 140 and 264 lb (64–120 kg) or more and the approximate height at the withers is 27½ inches to 35½ inches (70 to 90 cm).The coat can be either smooth or rough, with the smooth coat close and flat. The rough coat is dense but flat, and more profuse around the neck and legs. The coat is typically a red Color with white, or sometimes a mahogany brindle with white.
3. - St. Bernard dogs are not used for alpine rescues as much as before, but do participate in a variety of dogsports including carting and weight pulling.The Saint Bernard are still trained at the Barry foundation forAlpine rescues. The dogs at the Barry foundation are smaller than the average St Bernard.-The ancestors of the St. Bernard share a history with the Sennenhunds, also called Swiss Mountain Dogs orSwiss Cattle Dogs, the large farm dogs of the farmers and dairymen of the Swiss Alps, which were livestockguardians, herding dogs, and draft dogs as well as hunting dogs, search and rescue dogs, andwatchdogs. These dogs are thought to be descendants of molosser type dogs brought into the Alps by theancient Romans, and the St. Bernard is recognized internationally today as one of the Molossoid breeds.-The very fast growth rate and the weight of a St. Bernard can lead to very serious deterioration of the bonesif the dog does not get proper food and exercise. Many dogs are genetically affected by hip dysplasia orelbow dysplasia. Osteosarcoma (bone cancer) has been shown to be hereditary in the breed.
4. -Country of origin: England -Life span: 8-12 years -Bulldog: is the name for a breed of dog commonlyBULLDOG: referred to as the English Bulldog. Other Bulldog breeds include the American Bulldog, Olde English Bulldogge and the French Bulldog. The Bulldog is a muscular heavy dog with a wrinkled face and a Distinctive pushed-in nose. -In the US, a typical mature male weighs approximately 55-60 pounds. Mature females weigh in at approximately 45 pounds. In the United Kingdom, the breed standards are 55 pounds for a male and 50 pounds for a female.
5. -The Bulldog is a breed with characteristically wide head and shoulders along with a pronouncedmandibular prognathism. There are generally thick folds of skin on a Bulldogs brow; round, black, wide-seteyes; a short muzzle with characteristic folds called "rope" above the nose; hanging skin under theneck; drooping lips and pointed teeth and occasionally, an underbite. The coat is short, flat and sleek, withcolors of red, fawn, white, brindle (mixed colors, often in waves or irregular stripes), and piebald.
6. -Country of origian: Gerrmany -Traits: Weight: male 30-40 kilograms and female 22German Shepherd dog: 32 kilograms. Height: male 60-65 centrimetres and female 53-60 centrimetres. -The German Shepherd Dog (German: Deutscher Schäferhund), also known as an Alsatian or just the German Shepherd, is a breed of large-sized dog that originated in Germany. The German Shepherd is a relatively new breed of dog, with its origin dating to 1899. As part of the Herding Group, the German Shepherd is a working dog developed originally for herding and guarding sheep. -In Europe during the 1800s, attempts were being made to standardize breeds.The dogs were bred to preserve traits that assisted in their job of herding sheep and protecting flocks from predators.
7. In Germany this was practiced within local communities, where shepherds selected and bred dogs that theybelieved had traits necessary for herding sheep, such as intelligence, speed, strength, and keen senses ofsmell. The results were dogs that were able to perform admirably in their task, but that differed significantly,both in appearance and ability, from one locality to another-The breed was named Deutscher Schäferhund by Von Stephanitz, literally translating to "German ShepherdDog". The breed was so named due to its original purpose of assisting shepherds in herding and protectingsheep. At the time, all other herding dogs in Germany were referred to by this name; they thus became knownas Altdeutsche Schäferhunde or Old German Shepherd Dogs. Shepherds were first exported to Britain in1908, and the UK Kennel Club began to recognise the breed in 1919.-Many common ailments of the German Shepherds are a result of the inbreeding required early in the breedslife. One such common issue is hip and elbow dysplasia which may lead to the dog experiencing pain in laterlife, and may cause arthritis. A study by the University of Zurich in police working dogs found that 45% wereaffected by degenerative spinal stenosis, although the sample studied was small.The Orthopedic Foundationfor Animals found that 19.1% of German Shepherd are affected by hip dysplasia. Due to the large and opennature of their ears, Shepherds are prone to ear infections.German Shepherds, like all large bodied dogs, areprone to bloat.
8. -Country of origian: Siberia, Russia -Traits: Weight: male 50-75 pounds(23-34 Kg) and female 35-60 pounds(16-27 Kg). Height: maleSiberian Husky: 21-23.5 inches(53- 60 cm) and female 20-22 inches(51-56 cm). -The Siberian Husky is a medium-size, dense Coat working dog breedthat originated in north eastern Siberia.The breed belongs to the Spitz genetic family. -The Siberian Husky is a medium-size, dense coat working dog breed that originated in north Siberia. The breed belongs to the Spitz genetic family. It is recognisable by its thickly furred double coat, sickle tail, erect triangular ears, and distinctive markings. -Siberian Huskies share many outward similarities with the Alaskan Malamute as well as with many other spitz breeds such as the Samoyed, which has a comparable history to the Huskies. They come in a variety of colors and patterns, usually with white paws and legs, facial markings, and tail tip.
9. -Country of origian: Spain -Nickname: SWDSPANISH WATER DOG:SWD is a medium size, athletic, robust dog that is -The slightly longer than tall. Their tails are usually docked in the US, but undocked tails are not a fault in conformation showing if the dog was bred in a non docking country. -It has a distinctive curly coat which is woolly in texture and may form cords when long. The coat should not be clipped or groomed for aesthetic purposes. Instead, it should look entirely natural, as though it is not groomed at all. It should never be trimmed, but sheared down at least once a year. SWD puppies are always born with curly hair.
10. -Country of origian: England -Nicknames: YorkieYORKSHIRE TERRIER: -The Yorkshire Terrier is a small dog breed of terrier type, developed in the 19th century in the county of Yorkshire, England to catch rats in clothing mills. The defining features of the breed are its size, 3 pounds (1.4 kg) to 7 pounds (3.2 kg), and its silky blue and tan coat. The breed is nicknamed Yorkie and is placed in the Toy Terrier section of the Terrier Group by the Fédération Cynologique Internationale and in the Toy Group or Companion Group by other kennel clubs, although all agree that the breed is a terrier. A popular companion dog, the Yorkshire Terrier has also been part of the development of other breeds, such as the Australian Silky Terrier. -For adult Yorkshire Terriers, importance is placed on coat colour, quality, and texture. The hair must be glossy, fine, straight, and silky. Traditionally the coat is grown-out long and is parted down the middle of the back, but "must never impede movement."
11. -Country of origian: Croatia -Nicknames: Dal, DallyDALMATIAN: -Traits: Weight: male 34-71 pounds (15-32 Kg), female 36-53 pounds (16-24 Kg). Height: male 21-26 inches (53-66 cm), female 18-25 inches (46-63 cm). -The FCI recognized as its country of origin the region of Dalmatia in the citing Bewicks 1792 work.The Republic of Croatia was recognized by the F.C.I. as the country of origin of the Dalmatian; the breed had been developed and cultivated chiefly in England. When the dog with the distinctive markings was first shown in England in 1862 it was said to have been used as a guard dog and companion to the nomads of Dalmatia. But nothing is definitely known about its origin. The breeds unique coat became popular and widely distributed over the continent of Europe beginning in 1920. Its unusual markings were often mentioned by the old writers on cynology.
12. Country of origin: England -Traits: Weight: male 150 to 250 pounds (68 to 110 Kg)ENGLISH MASTIFF:Inches (75 cm) and female 27.5 inches (69 cm) Female 120 to 200 ppounds (54-91 Kg). Height: male 30 -The English Mastiff, referred to by most Kennel Clubs simply as the Mastiff, is a breed of large dog perhaps descended from the ancient Alaunt through the Pugnaces Britanniae. Distinguishable by enormous size, massive head, and a limited range of colors, but always displaying a black mask, the Mastiff is noted for its gentle temperament. -With a massive body, broad skull and head of generally square appearance, it is the largest dog breed in terms of mass. Though the Irish Wolfhound and Great Dane are taller, they are not nearly as robust.
13. -Country of origin: Canada, United Kingdom -Traits: Weight: male 27-40 Kg (60-88 1b) femaleLABRADOR RETRIEVER: (60-77 1b). Height: male 56-63 cm (22-25 27-35 Kg in) female 54-60 Kg (21-24 in). -The Labrador Retriever (also Labrador, or Lab for short) is one of several kinds of retriever, a type of gun dog. A breed characteristic is webbed paws for swimming, useful for the breeds original purpose of retrieving fishing nets. The Labrador is the most popular breed of dog by registered ownership in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States (since 1991). -Labradors are relatively large, with males typically weighing 29 to 41 kg (64 to 90 lb) and females 25 to 32 kg (55 to 71 lb). Labradors weighing close to or over 100 lb (45 kg) are considered obese or having a major fault under American Kennel Club standards, although some Labradors weigh significantly more.
14. -The Ratonero Bodeguero Andaluz (the Andalusian wine cellar keepers rat hunting dog) is a Spanish breedBODEGUEROS: of dog of the terrier type. Its name reflects its main occupation: hunting rats and mice hidden between barrels in the wineries of Andalusia in Spain. It was recognised as an indigenous Spanish breed in 2000 by the Spanish Ministry of Agriculture and by the Spanish Kennel Club, the Real Sociedad Canina de España. -The is of medium size, measuring between 13.75–16.9 inches (34.9–43 cm) at the withers, with an appearance very similar to that of the Jack Russell Terrier, to the extent that it has on occasion been called the Spanish Jack Russell. The breed is an agile dog with a lean and athletic build; the head is triangular with a semi-flat skull. The eyes are very dark and the Ratonero has a long muzzle, and high set ears that bend over at the tip. The tail is traditionally docked to one quarter of its length, however they may also be born with a natural bobtail.
15. -Country of origin: Inner Asia -Traits: Weight: male 55 to 70 pounds (25 to 32 Kg?CHOW CHOW: Female 45 to 60 pounds (20 to 27 Kg). Height: male 19- 22 in (48-56 cm) and female 18-20 in (46-51 cm) -Chow chow: is a breed of dog that was developed in China,where it is referred to as Songshi Quan which literally means "puffy-lion dog". Whether its origin is in Tibet, Mongolia, or Siberian regions of Asia is still in doubt. -The chow chow is a sturdily built dog, square in profile,with a broad skull and small, triangular, erect ears, which are rounded at the tips. The breed has a very Dense double coat that can be either smooth or rough. The fur is particularly thick around the neck, giving the distinctive ruff or mane appearance. The coat may be one of five colors including red, black, blue, cinnamon/fawn, and cream.
16. -Recent DNA analysis confirms that the Chow Chow is one of the oldest breeds of dog.Research indicatesit is one of the first primitive breeds to evolve from the wolf, and is thought by many to have originated in thearid steppes of northern China/Mongolia, although other theorists conjecture that its origin is in Siberianregions of Asia. A Chinese bas-relief from 150 BC shows a hunting dog and a dog very friendly towardchildren similar in appearance to the Chow. Later, Chow Chows were bred as general-purpose working dogsfor hunting, herding and protection of the home. The black tongued chow was also bred for humanconsumption. Some scholars claim the Chow was the original ancestor of the Samoyed, NorwegianElkhound, Pomeranian and Keeshond.
17. -Country of origin: Germany -Traits: Weight: male 66–70 lb (30–32 kg) female 55–60 lb (25–27 kg).Height: male 22–25 ins. (57BOXER: 63 cms.) female 21–23.5 ins. (53–60 cms.) -Coat: short, shiny, smooth, close-lying -Colour: fawn or brindle, black mask, with or without white markings. -Developed in Germany, the Boxer is a breed of stocky, large-sized, short-haired dog. The coat is smooth and fawn or brindled, with or without white markings. Boxers are brachycephalic (they have broad, short skulls), and have a square muzzle, mandibular prognathism (an underbite), very strong jaws and a powerful bite ideal for hanging on to large prey. The Boxer was bred from the Old English Bulldog and the now extinct Bullenbeisser and is part of the Molosser group.
18. -The head is the most distinctive feature of the Boxer. The breed standard dictates that it must be in perfectproportion to the body and above all it must never be too light. The greatest value is to be placed on themuzzle being of correct form and in absolute proportion to the skull. The length of the muzzle to the whole ofthe head should be a ratio of 1:3.-The Boxer is a short-haired breed, with a shiny, smooth coat that lies tight to the body. The recognized colorsare fawn and brindle, often with a white underbelly and white on the feet. These white markings, called flash,often extend onto the neck or face, and dogs that have these markings are known as "flashy". "Fawn" denotesa range of color, the tones of which may be described variously as light tan or yellow, reddish tan, mahoganyor stag/deer red, and dark honey-blonde. In the UK and Europe, fawn Boxers are typically rich in color andare often called "red".
19. -A pit bull is any of several breeds of dog. All of the breeds share a similar history, with origins rooted from the bulldog and a variety of terriers. The dogs called bullPIT BULL: terriers before the development of the modern Bull Terrier in the early 20th century may also be called pit bulls. The American Pit Bull Terrier is the product of interbreeding between terriers and a breed of bulldogs. Because some pit bulls have been trained for criminal purposes such as dog-fighting or for the protection of drug trafficking operations, the subsequent aggressive behavior has led to many incidents between these animals and people. -The American Pit Bull Terrier is the product of interbreeding between terriers and bulldogs to produce a dog that combined the gameness of the terrier with the strength and athleticism of the bulldog. These dogs were initially bred in England and arrived in the United States with the founders. In the United States, these dogs were used as catch dogs for semi-wild cattle and hogs, to hunt, to drive livestock, and as family companions.
20. -A limited number of studies have been performed on the number of human deaths due to bite trauma causedby dogs, and have generally surveyed news media stories for reports of dog bite-related fatalities. Thismethodology is subject to several potential sources of error: some fatal attacks may not have been reported; astudy might not find all of the relevant news reports; and the potential for misidentification of dog breeds,although courts in the United States and Canada have ruled that expert identification, when using publishedbreed standards, is sufficient for the enforcement of breed-specific legislation. It is possible to distinguishdogs by breed using DNA testing, but test results for any one dog can vary widely depending upon thelaboratory that performs the test and the number of purebred dog breeds in the laboratorys DNA database.
21. -Country of origin: Germany Traits: Weight: male 50–58 kg (110–130 lb) female 40–48 kg (88–110 lb) Height: male 61–69 cm (24–27 in)ROTTWEILER: female 56–63 cm (22–25 in) Coat: Double coated, Short, hard and thick. Colour: Black and tan or black and mahogany. -The Rottweiler is a medium to large size breed of domestic dog that originated in Rottweil, Germany. The dogs were known as "Rottweil butchers dogs" (German: Rottweiler Metzgerhund) because they were used to herd livestock and pull carts laden with butchered meat and other products to market. Some records indicate that earlier Rottweilers may have also been used for hunting, although the modern Rottweiler has a relatively low hunting instinct.
22. -Although a versatile breed used in recent times for many purposes, the Rottweiler is primarily known as oneof the oldest herding breeds. A multi-faceted herding and stock protection dog, it is capable of working allkinds of livestock under a variety of conditions.The breeds history likely dates to the Roman Empire. In those times, the Roman legion traveled withworking dogs to herd the cattle needed to feed the army. One route the army traveled was throughWürttemberg and on to the small market town of Rottweil. The principal ancestors of the first Rottweilersduring this time are believed to be the Roman droving dog, local dogs the army met on its travels, and dogswith molosser appearance coming from England and the Netherlands.-According to the FCI Standard, the Rottweiler is good-natured, placid in basic disposition, very devoted,obedient, biddable and eager to work. Their appearance is natural and rustic, their behaviour self-assured,steady and fearless. They react to their surroundings with great alertness. The American Kennel Club says itis basically a calm, confident and courageous dog with a self-assured aloofness that does not lend itself toimmediate and indiscriminate friendships. A Rottweiler is self-confident and responds quietly and with await-and-see attitude to influences in its environment. It has an inherent desire to protect home and family,and is an intelligent dog of extreme hardness and adaptability with a strong willingness to work, making themespecially suited as a companion, guardian and general all-purpose dog.
23. -Country of origin: China -Traits: Weight: 40 to 65 lb (18 to 29 kg) male 55 to 65 lb (25 to 29 kg) female 40 to 55 lb (18 to 25 kg)SHAR PEI: Height: 18 to 22 in (46 to 56 cm) -Colour: red, red fawn, five-point red, black, black silver sables, black bronze sables, sables, cream, blue, cream dilute, apricot dilute, chocolate, chocolate dilute, lilac, Isabelle. -Small, triangular ears, a muzzle shaped like that of a hippopotamus, and a high-set tail also give the Shar Pei a unique look. For show standard, "the tail is thick and round at the base, tapering to a fine point" (AKC standard February 28, 1998). As puppies, Shar peis are a lot more wrinkly than adults and, although some adults can be wrinklier than their puppy self, an adult pei should have wrinkles mostly on the face, a few on their shoulder and at the base of the tail.
24. -The Shar Pei breed comes from the Guangdong province of China. The original Shar-Pei from China lookedvery different from the breed now popular in the West. People in southern China, Hong Kong, and Macaudifferentiate the Western type and the original type by calling them respectively meat-mouth and bonemouth Shar-Pei.The ancestry of the Shar-Pei is uncertain. It maybe a descendant of the Chow Chow; however, the only clearlink between these is the blue-black tongue. However, pictures on pottery suggest the breed was present evenin the Han Dynasty (206 BC). A statue on display at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts dating from the secondcentury A.D. depicts a dog that strongly resembles a modern Shar Pei. For many years, the Shar-Pei was keptas a general-purpose farm dog in the Chinese countryside, used for hunting, protecting and herding stock andguarding the home and family. During that time, the Shar-Pei was bred for intelligence, strength and scowlingface. Recent genetic research has suggested the Shar-Pei is one of a few ancient dog breeds, believed to havesplit from common ancestors earlier than other breeds. By mapping subtle differences in each breed’s genes,searching for patterns of relationships and designing a tree to fit them, they could finally gain insight into thismarvel of evolutionary engineering. In 2004, the foundational analysis of purebred dog genetics waspublished in Science.
26. -The information found in this work is sought in the wikipedia of internet and the pictures also. The difficulty with which I found is that it sometimes page looking for where things took much and sometimes not they gave me the information that you were looking for. This work is oriented to the dogs because there are many kinds of them and the most people only know the races basic and nothing more, why have echo this work.Realizado:-Irene Ruiz Bujalance-Maria Pulido Serrano