March 25, 2009
President & CTO
ion interactive, inc.
All clicks are not created equal.
4 Reasons Why
in B2B Marketing
1. Complex offerings, many value propositions.
2. Multiple people involved in the sales process.
3. Long sales cycles with multiple stages.
4. Wide disparity between best and worst customers.
Segmentation granularity as strategy
# of people per segment
segments of one
# of segments
Where can segmentation happen?
Keywords & not self-selected,
Ad not incentivized
Forms on Site-Wide
the Landing Behavioral
Page or the Analysis
The Long Tail Rule:
If a prospect asks for
something in particular
give it to
The Tao 1. All clicks are not created equal.
2. The road from click to conversion must be
of paved with continuity.
Post-Click 3. Landing pages are both part of your ads and
part of your site.
Marketing 4. Landing pages can have more than one
5. Experimentation is the pathway to discovery.
6. Landing page creative is limited only by
7. Testing without a strategy is like fishing
8. There are a thousand ways to segment your
9. Incentivized self-identification reveals true
10. Landing page management is greater than
any single landing page.
Interested in more
advanced landing page
Honest Seduction: Using Post-Click
Marketing to Turn Landing Pages into Game
Available on Amazon.com