2. TED began in 1984 as a gathering place for innovators and leaders in the fields of Technology, Entertainment and Design. 27 years later, TED has become a global platform devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading . TED is helping introduce some of the most fascinating thinkers and doers to a world stage. TED.com currently has a library of over 600 amazing talks of such high quality that the site has become the platinum standard for innovation in digital storytelling. What is TED?
3. TEDx is a locally organized event that focuses on individuals and innovation in various cities. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx , where x =independently organized TED event. What is TEDx?
4. Every week, in multiple cities, people are coming together to pursue ideas worth spreading. 230 TEDx Events have happened in 2009 25 Languages 80 Countries TEDx is part of a revolution in global education made possible by local organizers wanting to engage their communities. It ’s all about the passion for ideas…...
6. On November 20 — Universal Children ’s Day — TEDx organizers across the globe host events for (and by) young people. These TEDxYouthDay events vary widely in size, format and theme, but they share a common vision: inspiring curiosity, igniting new ideas, empowering young leaders. TEDxYouthDay
7. <ul><li>Applied for a license – viewing party </li></ul><ul><li>Joined Google group </li></ul><ul><li>Promoted event – announcements, posters, stickers </li></ul><ul><li>Developed program of events </li></ul><ul><li>Created webpage and paper programs </li></ul><ul><li>Invited student photographer </li></ul><ul><li>Purchased food and supplies for activities </li></ul>Organizing TEDxYouth@ISA
18. “ the first-ever, global TEDx moment” Dream for the Future, Wish for the World project
19. Jonathan Harris collects stories Shows how people in Bhutan responded when he asked them to make a wish Katherine Fulton: You are the future of philanthropy “ What community do you want to be part of creating? What is the story you most want [your grandchildren] to tell about you?” Our “TED Moment” at ISA