I think the overall presentation could be very similar to what was listed above, with some minor adjustments on how communicators can take advantage of multi-channel and cross-media tools. Measurement is still a key tool that is needed on their end, but probably not used enough. Additionally, the impact of social media and the shift to mobile will need to be addressed.
15 YearsBusiness ManagementAuthorWhitpapers
During this slide, you would talk about the beginning part of your book… where you have stories about how your wife, kids, Dad, etc. react to different medias.
A challenge that printers can face when trying to measure a marketing campaign is illustrated here.If separate solutions are used to execute each leg of the campaign, the results are all poured in to different databases.At the end of the day, there is manual work to pool the results together.
Let’s talk about campaigns… what does it mean? What is NOT. It is not mail job, Nor is it a 2000 piece print run. Those are only individual efforts that support the marketing campaign. A marketing campaign will have a variety of efforts and actions. Lets take a look.
Next: identify who you are going to target… do you have an existing customer list? Do you want to buy a list?Are you targeting all universities and colleges in your state?
Yes, there are different ways to reach your prospects. We will talk about each of these later too.. But the key is to understand that you need to be able to reach people in different methods
Next… define how people will respond… we will talk about these in more detail later as well… But not everyone likes responding online… a lot of people throw away BRCs.. The goal is to find the preferred method of contact for each person.
Seminar Printed piece with PURLThey respond to website - event registrationEmail non-responders with link to event registration siteEmail confirmationPrint seminar attendee packetsRegistration list & packets provided to clientPost seminar email evaluation web event formRoute leads to sales repsSeminar ROI reporting
Here’s an example of you can truly put variable data to use for you.. By personalizing based on other data that you know.First , it starts with analyzing your data, and then visualizing your customers.
The inside of the booklet has a number of variable fields including
Go to the whiteboard and draw a sample data base, text record how data and inages acan be puled out.. Hand out the
1. Relevancy in Content: providing the right information in the right context 2. Relevancy in Contact: delivering this information to the right people 3. Relevancy in Channel: providing it to the right medium in the right format 4. Relevancy in Time: delivering this information when it is appropriate to meet the client’s needs
First, what does it stand for?Quick Response… So.. On the most basic level – think of it this way. Your mobile audience can save time by scanning the QR Code to go to your website rather than remembering and typing in the URL.Yes, it’s a call to action that can help increase response rates… strike while he iron is hot.
Now a huge reason and benefit of using QR Codes is the measurement and tracking! - You can start clearly measuring how effective your print ads are.. Your postcards… your signs..
There are a number of FREE applications that allow you to scan QR Codes.They are different between phones.Discuss favorite ones for iPhone, Android, Blackberry.To get one, you simply need to go to your app store, download the app. You can even do it now , if you’d like..
We are seeing a huge interest in qr Codes when it comes to real estate.Here’s a picture of how one is being used on a rider.Also, flyers, mailers, newsletters, other signs…
QR Codes used by a printer to make their open house more fun, exciting.. If people scanned the code o nthis sign, it took them to a landing page. There was logic on the page to randomly display a picture of a rockstar… kinda fun.(of course, when the men scanned a code and saw Courtney Love, and the ladies scanned a code and saw Elton John, their reactions were priceless!)
Know Your AudienceThe One ThingHumanize Your BrandContent Resource & Distribution Strategy Measure Your Success
Know Your AudienceThe One ThingHumanize Your BrandContent Resource & Distribution Strategy Measure Your Success
Where Are They Cyclically?StudentsHow Do They Use Social Media? Older audience may not want to engage in “make a video” contest Older audiences appear low on “Creator” scale.
Resources are monitored. Content is identified and pulled, made trackable, and pushed out across platforms.
Lots of ways to measure social media success, so make sure you determine your key metrics BEFORE you get started. I recommend picking three solid metrics to track. Appropriate metrics differ based on what your objective is for the program.
Here is how Tiwtter is used to promote a white paper…..
1. Multi-Channel Integrated Marketing<br />
2. Before I Begin …<br />@johnfoleyjr<br />#IABCAR <br />2<br />
3. John Foley, Jr.<br />I love Mar(H)keting!<br />Grow Socially, Inc – Support Services<br />Online Marketing/Social Media<br />Plan, Manage, Execute and Measure<br />interlinkONE – Software (SaaS)<br />Enterprise Marketing Management Software<br />Plan, build, manage, execute and measure all marketing activities<br />15 Years Woot!<br />
4. Accolades<br /><ul><li>Jetsetter Status on FourSquare
5. Mayor of iStrategy
6. Ranked #14 as a Top CMO on Twitter in 2011
7. 2nd runner up for this year’s B2B Twitterer of the Year Award for the B2B “Boss Tweet” Personality Category
8. One of the 50 most influential people in Sales Lead Management by Sales Lead Management Association in 2010 - http://ilnk.me/SLMA50</li></li></ul><li>What’s on the Agenda?<br />Integrated Marketing: What, Why & How<br />Creating Multi-Channel Campaigns<br />Incorporating Print, Social, Mobile, & More<br />Measuring Results<br />
9. Integrated Marketing: What, Why & How<br />
10. Start on the Home Front<br />“Kitchen Table Effect”<br />
11. What is Integrated Marketing?<br />“The coordination and integration of all marketing communication tools, avenues, functions and sources within a company into a seamless program that maximizes the impact on consumers & prospects”<br />Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_marketing<br />
12. What “Not Integrated” Means to Business<br />Marketing Initiatives <br />Print Ads<br />Telemarketing<br />Trade Shows<br />Direct Mail<br />Banner Ads<br />TV/Radio<br />Customer List<br />Site Visitors<br />Accudata List<br />Prospects<br />Media/Press<br />Readers<br />Target Audience <br />Hassles<br />Time- Consuming<br />Waste of Money<br />Response Profiles<br />Business Reply<br /> Cards<br />Fax/Data Entry<br />(Inbound)<br />Web<br />Registration<br />Contest/Trade Show Registration<br />Call Center<br />Attendee Survey<br />Multiple databases of Information<br />Separate reports (un-integrated)<br />Delayed Lead Routing to sales<br />
14. What “Not Integrated” Means to Customers and Prospects<br />Marketing Messages that are:<br />Not Relevant<br />Not Sent at the Right Time<br />Not Sent in the Preferred Channels<br />
15. Copyright 2011 interlinkONE, Inc.<br />
16. Campaign Example<br />
17. Multi-Channel Effort Based on Data<br />Boomers (35-55) <br />The 20 something’s 20-34<br />Seniors (55+)<br />Touch points to gather information and drive to website or shopping cart<br />Touch points to gather information and drive to website or shopping cart<br />Touch points to gather information and drive to website or shopping cart<br />A<br />A<br />A<br />B<br />B<br />B<br />C<br />C<br />C<br />Visitors who purchased.<br />D<br />C<br />B<br />A<br />A<br />B<br />C<br />D<br />Visitors who left.<br />E-Commerce<br />Outbound Emails<br />Outbound Emails<br />Social Media<br />Banner Ads<br />Social Media<br />Banner Ads<br />Direct Mail<br />Direct Mail<br />Web Site<br />Drive back to website or shopping card through medias<br />
18. Question Time!<br />Where can you get the best marketing data for your company and for your clients?<br />
19. Building the Database<br />
20. Quick Takeaway<br />Think Multi-Channel<br />Think Multi-Media<br />Think Multi-Response<br />Think Multi-Touch<br />Think Integrated<br />Build YOUR Marketing Database<br />Rome wasn’t built in a day! Neither is your Marketing database!<br />Why you say?<br />A targeted, integrated, Multi-touch, Multi-channel/media/response (Personalized) produces greater results!<br />
21. Creating Multi-Channel Campaigns<br />
22. Define Your Audience: Choose your target audience.<br />What’s the Goal?<br />Pick A Channel: Choose which channel would be the most effective way to contact your audience.<br /> Repeat: Repeat the cycle for more effect.<br />Pick A Media: Choose which media to contact your audience.<br />Response Channel: Give your audience a way to respond.<br /> Measure: Marketing Reports & Dashboards automatically generated.<br />Lead Database:<br />All responses collect in one database. <br />Real Time, Centralized, Online, Qualified.<br />Sales <br />Reports<br />Lead <br />Distribution<br /> Response Fulfillment: Kitting, Email, Electronic, VDP, POD, Mail, ect.<br />
23. Campaign 101<br />What is a Campaign<br />Campaign – (noun) An entire series of marketing efforts to one event, customer, organization, priority.<br />
24. Define the Goal/Objective<br />Step #1 My Goal<br />Goal: Increase sales by 15%<br />How: Increase our # of inquiries with marketing efforts<br />
25. Step# 2: Identify & Understand Your Audience<br />Define the Target Audience<br />
26. Define the Channels You’ll Use<br />How will your deliver?<br />Step #3 Choose Channels & Medias<br />Newsletter<br />E-mail with PURL<br />Newspaper Insert<br />E-mail Promotion<br />Postcard<br />
27. Define Response Options<br />Step#4 Choose response type<br /> (how will the audience contact you about your message/offer)<br />PURLS<br />BRC<br />Trade Show Booth<br />Phone<br />
29. Cross-Media & Multi-Channel Questions<br />Scheduling – When should I contact the customer?<br />Photo Credit<br />
30. Cross-Media & Multi-Channel Questions<br />Rate – What is the correct time frame to leave between the delivery of my first, second and third message to the customer?<br />Photo Credit<br />
31. Cross-Media & Multi-Channel Questions<br />Incidence – If a customer is not responding, how long should I continue to pursue the offer?<br />Photo Credit<br />
32. Keys to Cross Channel/Media Success<br />Variety of Mass medias, Email, Direct Mail, Letters, Web pages, etc.<br />Branding, Graphics, Messaging<br />Offer<br />Call to action<br />Measure it<br />
33. Benefits of Multi-Channel / Cross Media<br />Increase the Reach of Your Message<br />It’s their world – communicate in the ways they want to be communicated in<br />Generate greater responses<br />Easy to Measure– Find out what works!<br />
36. Identify Areas of Personalization<br />Relevant Content that Appeals to Them<br />Membership Level<br />Images based on Interest<br />Personalized URL<br />
37. Personalized Messaging<br />This customer:<br /><ul><li>Loves the races… Thinks the food is expensive… Is a Silver member</li></li></ul><li>TakeawaysBe Relevant<br />Relevancy in Content<br />Relevancy in Contact<br />Relevancy in Channel<br />Relevancy in Media<br />Relevancy in Response<br />Relevancy in Time<br />
55. SMS/Text Outbound<br />6.1 trillion messages sent in 2010!<br />News Alerts<br />Product Info<br />Contests<br />Deals<br />More<br />
56. SMS/Text - Inbound<br />
57. Mobile Payments<br />Near Field Communications (NFC)<br />Square (from Twitter co-founder)<br />
58. Where does Social Media fit in?<br />
59. Start here!Social Media Marketing Plan <br />Describe Business and Its Goals<br />Know Your Audience<br />Value Prop / Keywords<br />Humanize Your Brand<br />Content Resource & Distribution Strategy <br />Measure Your Success<br />Strategy <br />Before <br />Tactics!<br />
60. Know Your Audience <br />Who Are They?<br />Where Are They Cyclically?<br />How Do They Use Social Networks?<br />
71. Who is talking about you and how?</li></li></ul><li>Tools for Measuring Effectiveness<br />Link Shorteners<br />iLink.Me<br />TinyURL.com<br />Google Analytics<br />Website<br />Insights<br />LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube<br />
72. http://ilink.me<br />
73. Tools to Measure Success <br />www.ilnk.me<br />
74. Social Media Listening Tools<br />
75. Get Business Results<br /><ul><li>Start with a Plan
76. Create a Online Marketing Strategy
77. Incorporate Your Offline / Online, Social Media, SEO and Website
78. Measure the Results!</li></li></ul><li>Takeaway<br /><ul><li>Plan, Plan, Plan
81. Build your network
83. Measure!</li></li></ul><li>Marketing Calendar look - Before<br />Announce on website<br />Mail -Monthly Newsletter<br />Send out flyers to clients <br />Email eNewsletter (Announce)<br />Tell colleagues you’re attending <br />Expo Event<br />8AM-6PM<br />Send thank you cards<br />Enter new contacts in CRM<br />
84. Integrated Calendar - After<br />Create Post, Link back to website<br />Announce on website<br />Announce on <br /> &<br />Mail -Monthly Newsletter<br />Send out flyers to clients <br />Email eNewsletter (Announce)<br />Connect with Keynote Speakers on<br />Share event article on<br />Comment on event’s <br /> page<br />Tell colleagues you’re attending (TXT)<br />Announce booth # with <br />video post<br />Share event article on<br />Expo Event<br />8AM-6PM<br />Join in on event’s hashtag<br />Send thank you cards<br />Enter new contacts in Excel <br />Follow-Up with <br />Post & Post Pictures<br />Share speaking presentation on<br />Friend new contacts on<br />