1. Realify Your Secret Idea withLean Startup Methods* Make a Product in Three Hours +IA Summit Pre- ConferenceApril 3, 2013Kate Rutter, Co-Founder, LUXrAssociation for Information Science and Technology1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910, USATel. 301-495-0900 / Fax: 301-495-0810 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. the Molecule http://luxr.co date @luxrco © 2013 people ve us ha e problem addresses solution
3. Persona http://luxr.co date @luxrco © 2013 Behaviors Facts Needs & Goals
4. Value proposition 6-up http://luxr.co @luxrco date © 2013With __________________, _________________ can...
5. Value proposition http://luxr.co date @luxrco © 2013 With , can...
6. MV P Features http://luxr.co date @luxrco © 2013To deliver on that, we will build these features: at ure at u re at ure fe fe fe
7. Metrics dashboard http://luxr.co date @luxrco © 2013To assess progress, we will measure these metrics: e tric e t ri c e tric m m mGoalby / / / / / /Notes
8. http://luxr.coMetrics check @luxrco © 20131 Does the metric begin 2 Is there a time basis? 3 Is there an object basis? with a number? • “per week” [ ___/wk ] * not required, but super-helpful • “number of...” [ # ] • “per month” [ ___/mo] • “per user” [ ___/user] • “average number of...” [avg ] • “per user per week” (fancy!) • “percent of...” [ % ]Making metrics actionable useless vanity good better awesome % of users % of users % of new total number who sign in who post an sign-ups registered of registered 3+ times a update 3+ users per users day, times a day, week per week per week * In this example, posting an update is a key feature of the product. a good metric... a great metric... ...measures the usage of your product by a ...makes you look at all the other metrics person. The usage should be speciﬁc to and say “none of those other numbers features that deliver value to your user. matter if we donʼt get this right ﬁrst.”
9. Techniques checklist http://luxr.co @luxrco © 2013 Use basic supplies: sharpies, stickynotes and white paper Dump & sort & 2x2 organizing Go wide, then decide Generate independently, discuss as a team. (3 people ideal) Work at the wall Quiet read (before discussion) Sketch (especially of people) Share info with Information radiators Timebox (speed kills the censor) Quick decisionmaking (dot vote, stack-rank)
10. http://luxr.co @luxrco © 20134 Bonus Templates(Not used in the workshop,but handy for future work...)
11. Metrics information radiator http://luxr.co @luxrco © 2013 / / to / / metric start date end date Values Date / / / / / / / / / / / / Metric value Notes
12. Purpose statement http://luxr.co date @luxrco © 2013Of all the things you could be doing, why are you doing this product idea? draftsMy purpose with this product idea is...
13. Vision pyramid http://luxr.co date @luxrco © 2013purpose...product...(it may pivot) ⤷ ⤷ ⤷values...
14. Assumptions http://luxr.co date @luxrco Testing now © 2013 1 Next up Riskiest 2 3 Assumption Later